Christian Benteke

Kwan

If Liverpool get him or even if someone else does, how about getting Balotelli on loan. I've always thought he's a bit overrated but he isn't total rubbish, and maybe the type of player that Sherwood might be able to get the best out of.

**** off liverpool just pay the clause. They've just gone on a massive spending spree and will get 50 million from sterling.

Man City are better off bidding 60 million for Delph and Benteke. We will throw in Gabby so you have two home grown players.

The same way they keep turning down offers for Sterling, I hope we stick to our guns, and don't let him go for a penny under the £32.5m. I'm resigned to losing him, but if he goes on the cheap I'll be furious. 

The guy is too good for Liverpool, hope he holds out for a bigger club when he does leave.  It would be funny if Liverpool did trigger the release clause and then Benteke said no.............

if its true they bid 22 mill id tell benteke " look they know the clause is 32.5 mill ( the clause you agreed to when signing that improved contract ) so are you sure you wanna join them because they obviously dont wanna pay the clause but its all we have to accept "

Edited by Villan81

Not sure what's more ridiculous the bid or the comments coming from their fans. A proven goalscorer at this record and they're acting like he can't tie his own shoes. Embarrassing uneducated halfwits.

Yeh it appears they hate the guy.

All the comments are labelling him as just a lump up front who won't have a clue about how to play with such classy players like firmino and coutinho.

It's incredible really. I'm aware we have played direct at times up to Benteke but you only have to watch him for a couple of games to realise he has pace and trickery aswell as being strong and great in the air.

They don't deserve him and I will be furious if we accept sub 30m.

Take a chill pill everyone. If Liverpool will pay £32.5m so be it and we use that money wisely.

But frankly I very much doubt they can afford him even if they sell Sterling hence the hypocritical bidding. Rodgers has bought quite a few dogs and the general view in the media was he had to shift some of them and was not going to be allowed too much money. I think the big spending so far is the money they know they will get for Sterling.

Beneteke would be selling himself way short of he went to Liverpool IMO. If he was that keen why not try to force a move? I think he is hoping someone bigger comes in.

Â