Christian Benteke

Kwan

He can't afford to not be putting the performances in, so I have absolutely no problem with him staying another season. We may get a lot of money for him but you can be almost certain that his replacement won't be as good. Sometimes it's easy to forget just what a player he is.

• Like 4

situation where he wants better but no one is willing to offer the sum we want/stated looking like hes got a choice.run his contract down n leave for less next summer ( because we couldnt ask for the clause amount with a year left as risk of losing him for nothing ) or sign a contract renewal

Keep him, I say. If he is as good as he and we think he is (but clearly no one else does) then what he can do for us as a club in those two seasons would outweigh anything we would get for him.

I do not think anyone will meet the buy out clause, and I do not think we will let him go for less. I also do not think he will play silly buggers with us after what he did at Genk with the Euros coming up. And if he has a good season our chances of someone meeting the buyout clause end of next season will be improved. Win, win, in my opinion.

situation where he wants better but no one is willing to offer the sum we want/stated looking like hes got a choice.run his contract down n leave for less next summer ( because we couldnt ask for the clause amount with a year left as risk of losing him for nothing ) or sign a contract renewal

Keep him, I say. If he is as good as he and we think he is (but clearly no one else does) then what he can do for us as a club in those two seasons would outweigh anything we would get for him.

personaly id prefer he stayed dont think we'd get close to what hes capable of if we replaced him

i wouldnt realy care if he gave us 2 years of 100% then left for free.but idealy accept the buy outs too steep and add a year/2 on to contract and get bit extra each week

• Like 1

It's getting to the point where I'd be happy if we got £25m for him.

He's good, but not as good as him and his agent seem to think he is. It's funny, but I don't think we've ever had a concrete bid made for him.

I know that he scores some important goals for us, but when he is shite he is really shite, and now is the time to sell IMO if it is indeed true that he is refusing to sign a new deal.

I just hope that if he pulls any 'Strike' nonsense like he has done before, that we let him rot in the u21's!

He's good, but not as good as him and his agent seem to think he is. It's funny, but I don't think we've ever had a concrete bid made for him.

I know that he scores some important goals for us, but when he is shite he is really shite, and now is the time to sell IMO if it is indeed true that he is refusing to sign a new deal.

I just hope that if he pulls any 'Strike' nonsense like he has done before, that we let him rot in the u21's!

That is true about when he plays crap. I think its times to sell as well, we need to start rebuilding and if he wants to go let him go.

We had legends leave before and we still standing. We are not a one man team

Mandzukic gone to juventus 13.7m cmon athletico put a bid in for tekkers i dare ya

Or don't !

Why he dont wanna stay he would not face us neither wed get a big bucket of money and can draw a line under the matter. I personally dont want him to stay if he dosnt want to be here. The money will come in handy and we can go forward. Aslong as villa have benteke in side we cant go forward because he dosnt want to stay.

Yes, we'd all love players who 'want to play for the club' but the reality is that rarely exists. Benteke will play as well for us if he stays, as he would any other club as he is a professional athlete and that is his job.

Why? There's two simple scenarios to this...

a) a club offers 32.5m and presumably is a 'larger' club then us who will offer more wages and he will accept.

B) no club offers to buy out his clause so he remains a Villa player for the next 6 months either on his current deal or a new one.

Either way we don't need to be offering cut price deals to get rid of him. He wanted to leave two years ago and that didn't hamper his run of goals at the end of this season.

• Like 2

If Sky Sports claim he wont sign a new deal, expect it to be signed by weekend ;)

personaly i'd say that " he wont sign any contract " came from that phone call his agent got scammed in not

sky sources = that video

• Like 1

That is true about when he plays crap. I think its times to sell as well, we need to start rebuilding and if he wants to go let him go.

We had legends leave before and we still standing. We are not a one man team

He is nowhere close to being a legend.

• Like 1

dont want any player + cash deal from spurs

it'll be the likes of carroll, paulinho, capoue or some other offcast plus then "£20m" which levy wrangles to being £10m upfront, then a bit more next year, bit more if they get CL, bit more if he scores x number of goals etc

got us getting shafted written all over it

• Like 1

Surely no one thinks he'll sign a new deal?

Personally as long as he dosen't threaten to go on strike or anything stupid I'd keep him for one more season.

If he stays fit he scores 20 goals no problem particularly how we've been attacking under Sherwood. That and hopefully 3-4 goals in the euros and I fully expect we'd still be getting 20m + bids next season. After all we got 18m for Young when he only had 1 year left didn't he?

I just want next season to be as comfortable as possible e.g. NO relegation battle so Benteke staying greatly enhances that scenario.

• Like 3

Â