Christian Benteke

Kwan

Situation hasn't really changed. Pay the clause and a club can have him.

He has 2 years left on his deal. I'd rather keep him for the next season and let him for go less after that. He wouldn't really risk anything with the euros around the corner either.

I think a club will come in for him and pay the clause probably nearer the end of the window after being desperate. 

Well rebuilding needs to be done by start of preseason no last minute stuff. Christian benteke thanks for saving us but we must force the the isdue and move forward.

Its as simple as this for me too, if christian stays, fantastic but we need to know now, one way or the other, I really don't want to see us getting offered deals in the last few days of the window leaving us with no time to replace him.

He won't sign new contract now , if no one comes in for him then I think he will change his mind.

Clearly no one is prepared to pay the release clause , only was for us to lower the figure is for him to hand a transfer request in to forgo his ''loyaly'' payment 2 years at 50k is a big slice to give away though ...

He has 2 years left on his deal. I'd rather keep him for the next season and let him for go less after that. He wouldn't really risk anything with the euros around the corner either.

I think a club will come in for him and pay the clause probably nearer the end of the window after being desperate. 

i agree with 2 out of the 3, cant see anyone coming in for him, he didnt do enough in the final or in the 2 belgium games since, there are still too many doubts over him IMO for say man utd or arsenal to risk the money, think spurs and liverpool will have a good sniff but not put their money where their mouth is, unfortunately both clubs are the rags favourites so if there is real interest we will be told a lot about it as they try and force something to happen, can see liverpool bottling it and getting the easy big name in llorente and spurs will sell soldado but cant see levy stumping up £32m in one hit, he'll try and get round it with clauses and players exchanged

This my concern lets say we get to the last day someone bids the release clause a few hours before deadline we cant stop him leaving but will never get a good enough replacement that will hurt more than christian leaving.

• Like 1

This my concern lets say we get to the last day someone bids the release clause a few hours before deadline we cant stop him leaving but will never get a good enough replacement that will hurt more than christian leaving.

The club should have alternative plans. Probably sign another striker regardless if he stays or not.

A) less pressure on the signing to hit the ground running

B ) We can have a strong start in terms of goals

C) If he does leave scrap A and B but we have our replacement already

D ) Probably won't be be quoted as high if Benteke did leave as clubs would know we have £30m to play with

It's a matter of financing the deal for another striker which is maybe where the takeover comes into it.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

If he doesnt sign a contract this is not good for us.  We would be either forced into a much lower sale next season or have him walk at the end.

Its his way of forcing our hand this window...if its true of course!

With his agent saying he will do everything legaly possible to leave id say it wont be long befor a transfer request is handed in

hes still under contract so if its true theres been no enquires for him then its surely a dodgy game hes playing

weve stated the clause...if the 32.5 mill clause is in his contract then its something he and his agent have agreed to else he wouldnt of signed?so there for cant claim hes being priced out of a move

euros next year surely he would want regular football..causing a stir when no one is approaching wouldnt bode well in sherwoods book i would imagine

Seems a lot more likely he'll be staying now, which I 'll be more than happy with.  A full season, injury-free, with an improved squad behind him and we could start to forget the last four years.

Why is it more likely he'll be staying? 

Liverpool looking elsewhere and not seeming inclined to offer more than £20m.  Falcao to Chelsea, Wenger seems happy with Giroud.  Really don't think Spurs will cough up enough either.

Just seem to be fewer links being made. (Apart from the Utd one ^^ - can't see that happening though).

May just be feeling optimistic today though...

You could be right but I just think that Liverpool have him as their main priority and are just waiting until Man City meet their valuation for Sterling before they turn their attention  to Benteke.  Whether they will meet the release clause for Benteke who knows, but do we really want to keep a player who obviously wants to leave. 

I think Benteke is our best player but an unhappy player is not good for team spirit. 

Edited by PaulC

Problem i can see is sherwood likes 1 uptop if benteke stays and we have signed a new striker what happens then we might have paid10+m and have tekkers and only play1. I can see this saga upsetting our pre season

I am of the opinion that Kismet has been a bit naive. Saying CB will do 'Everything legal to leave the club', when Kismet agreed to the buyout clause in the contract? For me the only legal thing Villa should do is stick by their guns and say to Kismet, he can legally leave this club is someone meets the buyout clause he agreed to in the first place. I can't see anyone paying £32.5m for him, and think he 'could' sign a new deal by the end of July regardless of what Sky say, dependant on takeover and other signings.

• Like 1

1 thing definate is should benteke be playing he will not want to miss euros he missed world cup through injury the euros this said lets say villa have in past ingnored darren bent our RECORD signing so christian benteke dont think your undroppable next season is a brand new season if your not sold you gotta give your all the euros is next year.

Mandzukic gone to juventus 13.7m cmon athletico put a bid in for tekkers i dare ya

Or don't !

Why he dont wanna stay he would not face us neither wed get a big bucket of money and can draw a line under the matter. I personally dont want him to stay if he dosnt want to be here. The money will come in handy and we can go forward. Aslong as villa have benteke in side we cant go forward because he dosnt want to stay.

Â