Christian Benteke

Kwan

The service to him is poor, the full backs can't cross for shit and de bruyne / hazard aren't in there for crossing, he's trying too much one touch stuff for me, doesn't look very confident, Belgium as a team look pretty average tbf

starts tonight between Hazard and De Bruyne. if honest they are really the type of players he should be playing with every week 

Wonder if he tries to explain to them what its like playing with Nzogbia :P

Much better?  ;)

• Like 2

I tweeted something along these lines.

These Belgian strikers aren't as good as they think they are, are they Mr Benteke and Mr Lukaku? Champions league my arse. 

On song he's utterly brilliant. But he's not on song enough to be someone who plays for a big big club (based on the past few performances!). Consistency seems to be his problem, he's either utterly brilliant or non-existent, nothing in between. 

• Like 1

These Belgian strikers aren't as good as they think they are, are they Mr Benteke and Mr Lukaku? Champions league my arse.

On song he's utterly brilliant. But he's not on song enough to be someone who plays for a big big club (based on the past few performances!). Consistency seems to be his problem, he's either utterly brilliant or non-existent, nothing in between.

Yes, he can be so endearing...or so frustrating. His goals haved saved us I cannot deny, but the big money splashed around - if we could get that for him it would be good funds to plug so many other holes.

To us a general improvement on the whole squad would be a better deal. He's like that luxury player who isn't even luxurious 50% of the time.

Yes, he can be so endearing...or so frustrating. His goals haved saved us I cannot deny, but the big money splashed around - if we could get that for him it would be good funds to plug so many other holes.

To us a general improvement on the whole squad would be a better deal. He's like that luxury player who isn't even luxurious 50% of the time.

Spot on mate. And I'm not always have the service wasn't there. There were some instances tonight where he wasn't quick enough, or was on his heels. Costa, Rooney, Sturridge... these strikers all create their own chances, and this seems the sort of big fish Benteke wants to be with. He does occasionally (like United at home), but if he doesn't score its always the service which is an excuse.

He may not have been great tonight but you really can't understate how good Ashley Williams was tonight. I would argue he is in the top 5 defenders in the premier league at the minute and would absolutely love him at Villa.

• Like 1

It's hard to score with no service. Actualy neigh on impossible.

There was enough balls that went into the box but the lack of movement from both strikers was very obvious. Someone like Suarez would have been on the end of some of those balls. 

He may not have been great tonight but you really can't understate how good Ashley Williams was tonight. I would argue he is in the top 5 defenders in the premier league at the minute and would absolutely love him at Villa.

Agree he's right up there, 

Edited by PaulC

It's hard to score with no service. Actualy neigh on impossible.

Think you will find top teams look for strikers who don't need it....they forage their own chances.

Thats the difference in the quality of the striker.

Edited by TRO

Â