Christian Benteke

Kwan

If today's The Sun is to be believed, then Rodgers needs to wait until Sterling is sold in order to afford the Benteke transfer.

FSG tightening up and Rodgers is probably on notice. 

He'll end up at Chelsea or Arsenal. Unless our savior owners come riding into town on a golden chariot waving a blank checkbook at every turn and he opts for more Villa. You never know. 

"It's about [my agent]. He knows what I want and I'll let him do the job. I don't think about Aston Villa now"

not exactly an endearing chap to villa fans is he?

because he was on international duty he said hes thinking bout belgium which to be fair he should be doing

He's starting to look a little short on options if he wants to stay in the Premier League IMO. The top teams are looking at Falcao, Higuain and Benzema etc and the teams slightly below probably can't afford him. My concern is that if the top teams can't get the players from their A list then they might then start looking at their B lists of which Benteke is certain to be on.

Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke hints at Liverpool snub

christian-benteke-aston-villa.jpg

[emoji767] Getty Images

By Mark Langshaw, Reporter

Filed: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 at 01:38 UK

Last Updated: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 at 01:38 UK

Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke has hinted that he would reject a move to Liverpool.

The Belgium intentional has been strongly linked with the Reds of late, but has now said that he is only interested in moving to a club in the Champions League.

"My agent knows my ambition. I want to play in the Champions League. That's a dream and my ambition," theDaily Star quotes Benteke as saying.

"It's about [my agent]. He knows what I want and I'll let him do the job. I don't think about Aston Villa now.

"I did my season with Villa and now I am focused with the national team."

Chelsea, Arsenal, and Manchester United have also been linked with the striker.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/liverpool/transfer-talk/news/benteke-hints-at-liverpool-snub_227302.html

Can I add this is the Daily Star. They're just trying to fill column inches, this is just a rehash of what he said to Sky Sports last week, we already know all this they've just added the "reject Liverpool" bit for a spot of sensationalism.

• Like 1

I wonder if Atletico Madrid would go for him if they sell Mankdzukic to Man. United.

That sounds like a good shout to me, Mandzukic looks like he may be going to Juventus

[emoji767] Getty Images

Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke has hinted that he would reject a move to Liverpool.

The Belgium intentional has been strongly linked with the Reds of late, but has now said that he is only interested in moving to a club in the Champions League.

"My agent knows my ambition. I want to play in the Champions League. That's a dream and my ambition," theDaily Star quotes Benteke as saying.

"It's about [my agent]. He knows what I want and I'll let him do the job. I don't think about Aston Villa now.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/liverpool/transfer-talk/news/benteke-hints-at-liverpool-snub_227302.html

Can I add this is the Daily Star. They're just trying to fill column inches, this is just a rehash of what he said to Sky Sports last week, we already know all this they've just added the "reject Liverpool" bit for a spot of sensationalism.

I thought he initially said he wanted to play in Europe, not specifically the Champions League?

[emoji767] Getty Images

I thought he initially said he wanted to play in Europe, not specifically the Champions League?

The above part is a direct quote from his interview last week so doesn't look like he's done a new one. Who would speak exclusively to the Daily Star?

Kismet says Benteke, who has two years left to run on his Villa contract and has a £32.5million buy-out clause, wants to remain in the Premier League and play for a club in the Champions League or Europa League.

Fair point, I got that from the SkySports article but its not a direct quote.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/9871981/christian-benteke-wants-to-play-for-a-club-in-europe-says-agent

Edited by sexbelowsound

I wonder if Atletico Madrid would go for him if they sell Mankdzukic to Man. United.

Atletico would get the best out of that deal - Mandzukic looked way below par in the CL. Benteke is built for that Atletico team.

So Benteke wants Champions League or Europe and to stay in the UK.

Chelsea - Playing second fiddle to Costa. Would they spend £30m+ on a backup striker?

Man United - Seemingly trying to sign Mandzukic 

Man City - Recently signed Bony

Arsenal - Will Wenger spend £30m+ on a backup striker to Giroud?

Spurs - Already have Kane and recently spent loads on Soldado.... could see them moving for Benteke if they sold Soldado

Liverpool - Maybe if they sell Sterling or Balotelli they could make a move. I think this is his most likely destination unfortunately. 

"It's about [my agent]. He knows what I want and I'll let him do the job. I don't think about Aston Villa now"

not exactly an endearing chap to villa fans is he?

he is on international duty. Be like journalists asking him about Belgium during the run-in to the season

Â