Christian Benteke

Kwan

Why does everyone keep referring to £32.5m

Sherwood said there was one but wouldn't say what it was and then the telegraph randomly plucked £32.5m out the air and now it's being banded around as the price ??

Sherwood said there was one but wouldn't say what it was and then the telegraph randomly plucked £32.5m out the air and now it's being banded around as the price ??

Fair enough. Whatever it is I hope it's high as hell

AVFC

It seems such a random figure to make up it must've been leaked by someone at the club or connected to Benteke.

Fair enough. Whatever it is I hope it's high as hell

AVFC

Assuming that video is real...he says Christian wont sign a new contract and do everything possible legaly to leave Aston Villa

He also says that he will insist on leaving.

There is nothing to insist on. If the clause is met, he is free to go. If it is not then he stays (or buys out the remainder himself). I fail to see what there is to insist on.

He also says that he will insist on leaving.

There is nothing to insist on. If the clause is met, he is free to go. If it is not then he stays (or buys out the remainder himself). I fail to see what there is to insist on.

The player can agree to forgo loyalty payments, signing on fees etc. to make the deal more profitable to either party.

Edited by Isa

How can you be involved in football and not know the difference between Brendan Rodgers' voice and what sounds like Alan Shearer trying to impersonate Colin Farrell?

Extremely fishy or extremely stupid. Either way, it doesn't change much.

• Like 1

How can you be involved in football and not know the difference between Brendan Rodgers' voice and what sounds like Alan Shearer trying to impersonate Colin Farrell?

Extremely fishy or extremely stupid. Either way, it doesn't change much.

Google agents. Apparently we can get hold of them all now. Also leave a voicemail and they will call you back! Not matter how u sound. I'm sorry but this is just a ridiculous load of BS.

The lad said 'I was going to sell this to the papers...." Resin he didn't is cause it's BS

If you want to be in Europe then Liverpool is a pretty big risk. Their end of season form was as bad as ours, Rodgers may not survive, and they could be out of Europe by the time Benteke gets back from holidays!

Belgium Journo on twitter confirmed it is his agent Kismet...

Kismet is an utter ass to be fooled so easily.As for a contract way I see it this is almost as much of a shambles as the Spurs situation , he has painted himself into a corner.Only Liverpool are that interested and they won't pay.We won't sell for less than the release clause and he can't just not perform as he would risk missing out on another major international tournament.

Club has to ask it self do we risk losing 10 mil on his fee by keeping him another season balanced against how man extra points we think he will help us achieve , each league placing is what around 2 mil price money so finishing 12th not beyond realms of possibility and we make up what we lose selling him now.

The 10m you postulate we lose could be offset by him having a great season though. Plus the release clause won't reduce just because a year has passed

Â