Christian Benteke

Kwan

I'd just like to thank the Media for doing it's utmost best in disrupting our side in the run up to today's cup final

Trying to sell the few good players we have from underneath us in the run up to the game worked a treat

Can't wait to hear the amount of clubs that will now bid for Benteke now the final has run its course

If you want him pay the release clause otherwise don't waste our time

The manager publicly saying that he has a release clause is more to blame for the transfer talk, I'm afraid. That was a massive cock-up. To be fair the whole XI was dysfunctional and against a team that was at the peak of their powers today. Benteke didn't really have a prayer today.

• Like 1

Take the £30million and invest in three good players. For all the brilliance, he also gives a lot of shite performances too.

I think it'd be wise to take the money too, not because of any apparent shite performances though. We need to invest properly into better players across our squad, £32.5m + whatever other money is there to spend in the summer could get us a good quality hand full of players really. 

Think that'll be the last time we see Benteke in a claret and blue shirt, however I'm glad we've had him and I think he'll go on to be a great, great player.

Got completed bossed today by two center backs so cant complain about that as he was isolated and the balls into him came from too deep. However when he did get the ball he was slow and poor. Extremely bad day for the team Benteke. 

Sad way to go out if this is his last game. Didn't even have a penalty consolation goal.

Arsenal were smart and eliminated him by putting two men on him from every cross plus Schzeney charging out like a man possessed on every cross.

Replacing him will not be easy at all. I'd straight away bid for Charlie Austin, try to sign him and then rebuild the rest of the team.

As we've seen with Liverpool, no doubt splashing out on all areas of the pitch if you have no one to actually score goals anymore.

todays game sums up exactly why he isnt good enough for top 4. and why the top teams wont spend that much on him. his link up play is "shocking"

he looks good for a team like us...wont look anywhere near as good for a top team

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

todays game sums up exactly why he isnt good enough for top 4. and why the top teams wont spend that much on him. his link up play is "shocking"

he looks good for a team like us...wont look anywhere near as good for a top team

Considering there was no one else near him for the majority of the game apart from Arsenal defenders he really didn't have any chance to bring other people into attacks.

• Like 2

Yes whilst thats acceptable for a team like us. It isnt for a team in top 4. His "link up play" has always been quite shocking and is far too slow for a top 4 side. too many touches etc

We over rate him because hes good for a side like us who plays direct where he can get space. But like lukaku/bony. he just isnt good enough for a top 4 side and is just an "elite brute force striker"...which top 4 teams need better nowadays.

He would just be a bench striker for top 4 teams which wont be worth 32m for them.

Edited by gharperr

Sad way to go out if this is his last game. Didn't even have a penalty consolation goal.

Arsenal were smart and eliminated him by putting two men on him from every cross plus Schzeney charging out like a man possessed on every cross.

Replacing him will not be easy at all. I'd straight away bid for Charlie Austin, try to sign him and then rebuild the rest of the team.

As we've seen with Liverpool, no doubt splashing out on all areas of the pitch if you have no one to actually score goals anymore.

This.

He's carried us at times but we need to build for life without him. What if he gets injured and we don't have as we did for much of the last 2 seasons.

If we have any money, lets buy Austin - I don't see any of the big boys going for him. If we then sell Benteke, at least we already have someone ready to take up the mantle.

FWIW, I reckon if we sign Adebayor, which we might, then he will probably be as consistent as Benteke is.

I love CB, but he is a purple patch player, like many strikers. We will not get anyone better than him, but we might be able to get close to him.

Why don't you watch the game again, everything into him was a cross from deep and he had to out jump Mertesacker every time. Clueless tactics if anything.

• Like 1

FWIW, I reckon if we sign Adebayor, which we might, then he will probably be as consistent as Benteke is.

I love CB, but he is a purple patch player, like many strikers. We will not get anyone better than him, but we might be able to get close to him.

he's 31 though and still being paid 80-100K wages

Why don't you watch the game again, everything into him was a cross from deep and he had to out jump Mertesacker every time. Clueless tactics if anything.

nt everything.

No service today, nobody with any brains playing off him.Imagine if we would have had Ramsey playing for us today, he would have made a significant difference.We have no player who knows how to play off CB, and nobody who plays him enough decent passes.

I find the exclusion of Gil from the whole squad baffling tbh.

• Like 2

nt everything.

Everytime he was in the box.

Â