Christian Benteke

Kwan

If his movement is an issue could this not be something that say a coach could identify and work with him on?

I know it took 2 years to teach premier league players how to pass to each other. And I know our coaches are sometimes busy bullying people or promoting books. But just a thought that might help.

Or I guess we could just have a go at our best player.

• Like 1

Another bad game today, but he will improve.

I cannot understand why he ran to the edge of the box when Grealish nearly always goes to the players left when trying to cross. We needed him busting a gut to get into the six yard box, the same thing he didn't do when Bacuna was looking to cross in the other game.

Because that's where the space was. He stopped his run, all the Sunderland defenders ran on. If Grealish played it before trying to take the defender on the outside, it would've been a chance. Instead, while this isn't a criticism of Grealish, there was about 4 Sunderland defenders where he put the ball.

Nice one, I wish others would see this. Many a time he has been unmarked and people want him to make the run into a crowd full of opposition players.

But if Benteke had delayed his run he would of been in acres of spaces just out side the 6 yard box. That's where he should have been, but sadly he wasn't.

Just because he is our best player doesn't mean he's immune to criticism.

But we complain about creativity and then expect Benteke to be on the end of every shitty cross.

We do have poor creativity, that's why when we do create something he gets in the right places. I'm sure he'll improve as he gets older.

Thought he was ok today.

Don't really understand your post Rodders, you'd be happy for him to go and be replaced by who exactly?

In an ideal world we would hold onto him, and buy/loan better players to play alongside him.You saw today, defensively, and midfield with Sanchez outstanding again, but we don't create enough.I thought NZog, Cleverley and Weimann were awful today, and Gabbys no improvement.Thats where the problems are.

Another bad game today, but he will improve.

I cannot understand why he ran to the edge of the box when Grealish nearly always goes to the players left when trying to cross. We needed him busting a gut to get into the six yard box, the same thing he didn't do when Bacuna was looking to cross in the other game.

Because that's where the space was. He stopped his run, all the Sunderland defenders ran on. If Grealish played it before trying to take the defender on the outside, it would've been a chance. Instead, while this isn't a criticism of Grealish, there was about 4 Sunderland defenders where he put the ball.

But as soon as grealish went towards the byline the cutback into that space wasn't on.

I'm not saying that what you are saying is wrong, but it was obvious where the ball was going and someone(whether that be benteke or someone else) should be attacking the near post, and if they were there would have been a chance as well.

For a player who was kicking off at the lack of final ball against Swansea, he completely stifled us today. Two occasions I can think of; first when Grealish put one across the six-yard-box and he was stood on the edge of the box with his hands on his hips and secondly when he decided to not play in Weimann whilst he was wide open. Really disappointing. 

Edited by Milfner
  • Like 3

For a player who was kicking off at the lack of final ball against Swansea, we completely stifled us today. Two occasions I can think of; first when Grealish put one across the six-yard-box and he was stood on the edge of the box with his hands on his hips and secondly when he decided to not play in Weimann whilst he was wide open. Really disappointing.

Exactly this. Frustrating beyond belief.

How is he putting in half assed shifts? Not everyone has to make up for their lack of talent by running around like mad like weimman.

Last week he was bullying the entire man u defence and scored a wonder goal. Now he doesn't care and wants to leave. Its ridiculous.

How is he putting in half assed shifts? Not everyone has to make up for their lack of talent by running around like mad like weimman.

Last week he was bullying the entire man u defence and scored a wonder goal. Now he doesn't care and wants to leave. Its ridiculous.

Not ridiculous at all, he's had two really good games since he returned. The rest, he hasn't done a great deal. He hasn't been holding the balls up very well, passes going a stray and not really playing the percentage positions in the box. 

He is getting some rough treatment from defenders, but he needs to be able to handle that if he is going to reach the very top.

In the mean time, who else looked like scoring?

Wakey, wakey, hes our only goal threat.The reason why he wasn't in the 6 yard box is because when Grealish got the ball , apart from CB there was no other Villa player in a goal scoring position.We need to get more in around him.

In the mean time, who else looked like scoring?

Wakey, wakey, hes our only goal threat.The reason why he wasn't in the 6 yard box is because when Grealish got the ball , apart from CB there was no other Villa player in a goal scoring position.We need to get more in around him.

I agree, but he still should have been in the best position but he wasn't.

At least 4 Sland defenders though villanuisa, you watch how many CF hang back for a cross now, watch Costa.

We need players who can pick him out, thats what we need.

I don't think we are that far off a reasonable team, a good player, hopefully 2, who are Joe Cole/Remy kind of players and we will shoot up the table.

He actually pulled back for a pass. it wasn't laziness. he tried to find space and it back fired. No complaints there.

I do think he took his eye off the ball in the final minute though, no idea why he didn't just head the thing regardless of their keeper.

Edited by Texas_Mike

He actually pulled back for a pass. it wasn't laziness. he tried to find space and it back fired. No complaints there.

I do think he took his eye off the ball in the minute though, no idea why he didn't just head the thing regardless of their keeper.

Lambert said when he watched again "that neither of them were very brave." Worried about getting hurt maybe. Where is Peter White when you need him. :)

Â