Christian Benteke

Kwan

We could also make life easier for ourselves by playing to his strengths a little better. I.e. play the ball to his feet in the channels or even to his chest just stop it with the hoof straight down the park for him to flick on. There's no one there!!

We could also make life easier for ourselves by playing to his strengths a little better. I.e. play the ball to his feet in the channels or even to his chest just stop it with the hoof straight down the park for him to flick on. There's no one there!!

That is not one of his strengths. Benteke does not keep the ball very well when the other players pass to him, I have seen him give the ball away countless times.   

injury is bs. Hes protecting his players as you would expect. Hes down on confidence and its showing. He needs a goal to kick start him. If we win a penalty 5 min in against Stoke. Would we give the penalty to Benteke? He scores hes off and away.. he misses.................

Edited by KSV

I'd give it to him, I think he'd know the pressure he'd be under to score. Given a chance 1 on 1 with the keeper from the penalty spot in his current form I'm sure he'd realise there would be no easier way to score.

I do agree that Lambert is protecting him and rightly so, Benteke is still young and there isn't any point slating him. I did like the comment telling Redknapp to call him a pussycat to his face, the guy does my head in!

• Like 1

I do agree that Lambert is protecting him and rightly so, Benteke is still young and there isn't any point slating him. I did like the comment telling Redknapp to call him a pussycat to his face, the guy does my head in!

Fickleness of pundits.

Fickleness of pundits.

I agree, if he hits form Redknapp will be waxing lyrical about him no doubt.

• Like 1

Who else would you back to score a penalty? Andi would put in row Z, Tonev would land it in Liberia, Gabby would trip over and appeal for a penalty, Delph would slide tackle the keeper, Westwood would pass it backwards and Baker would some how manage to give himself a head injury.

So still Benteke on penalty duty for me.

If Bacuna was on pitch I'd give them to him in all honesty.

• Like 1

Who else would you back to score a penalty? Andi would put in row Z, Tonev would land it in Liberia, Gabby would trip over and appeal for a penalty, Delph would slide tackle the keeper, Westwood would pass it backwards and Baker would some how manage to give himself a head injury. So still Benteke on penalty duty for me.

PMSL

25% is a 'ridiculous amount' these days?

Seriously? Last season he scored a higher percent for us than any other player for their club and this season he started off similarly then got injured. I think you knew what OP was referring to when you were responding though :-)

I can't really say what I want to say, but I have my reasons for questioning the poster in question.

Who else would you back to score a penalty? Andi would put in row Z, Tonev would land it in Liberia, Gabby would trip over and appeal for a penalty, Delph would slide tackle the keeper, Westwood would pass it backwards and Baker would some how manage to give himself a head injury.

So still Benteke on penalty duty for me.

Bacuna has never missed one.

I think his age is catching up with him, getting old now...........Injury, his form and the teams form are factors.

Will he leave ? Not anytime soon, we pay him what he's worth and no team will beat that and pay the fee we would demand.

Â