Christian Benteke

Kwan

There's just no space for him. All balls are played to him with his back to goal and we have no players capable of taking the ball past players forcing degenderd to move and create space for our strikers. Weimman was pretty good at this last year.

We're expecting him to control a 60 yard ball, beat two or three players and smash it home.

Its a shame and I think we'll really regret this season in a few years when he's playing for a top team. We're wasting a truly quality player and we don't see many of them in a villa shirt anymore.

Agreed.

He is dropping too deep. I would like to see us play Benteke up front alongside any of Kozak, Helenius, Gabby or Weimann in a 442. Even at Norwich Lambert played Morrison and Holt together and they were a nightmare to play against at times. The played nowhere near as much hoofball as we play now.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if Benteke went in January. Maybe Spurs' new manager will want a strike partner for Soldado.

He is dropping too deep. I would like to see us play Benteke up front alongside any of Kozak, Helenius, Gabby or Weimann in a 442. Even at Norwich Lambert played Morrison and Holt together and they were a nightmare to play against at times. The played nowhere near as much hoofball as we play now.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if Benteke went in January. Maybe Spurs' new manager will want a strike partner for Soldado.

Surely you've seen the disaster of playing Benteke and kozak together?

Has Soldado ever played in a two striker system? And why would a side with as many good midfielders as spurs play a two striker system? Where would Erikssen fit?

Maybe they'd want him as their main striker, but not in a partnership

Edited by Rovers13

Just watched the AVTV show where the players visited the hospital and noticed Bentekes new teeth! Could be the reason he plays less aggressive as his afraid of destroying his teeth again  :P  :ph34r:

6a8e4d5e7382c7509d30b43f69818ee9.jpg

Edited by AVFCRAMTIN

Surely you've seen the disaster of playing Benteke and kozak together?

The 'disaster' that saw us never lose when they started together?  :blink:

There's just no space for him. All balls are played to him with his back to goal and we have no players capable of taking the ball past players forcing degenderd to move and create space for our strikers. Weimman was pretty good at this last year.

We're expecting him to control a 60 yard ball, beat two or three players and smash it home.

Its a shame and I think we'll really regret this season in a few years when he's playing for a top team. We're wasting a truly quality player and we don't see many of them in a villa shirt anymore.

Agreed.

Jesus he must be amazing as none of it seems to be his own fault.

2013 Premier League goals, worth just as much as Aguero if not more as he is in a much worse team!

Give him time, bit of space and some service and hopefully he gets back to where he was. Id say he has to score against either Stoke or Palace, hope Albrighton starts I think he's the only one that might provide any decent service.

572a9587037f0cb6098adcb39f846d80.png

He will score against Stoke.

I would take a 30 million offer in January though. Re invest it in the team. We are lacking throughout.

As it stands no team on earth would pay that for him. Whatever we, as fans, think of him, his achievements last season and his potential, he hasn't so far this term demonstrated that he isn't a one-season-wonder. Nobody is going to come in with the right offer in January for a non-scoring striker.

• Like 1

2013 Premier League goals, worth just as much as Aguero if not more as he is in a much worse team!

Give him time, bit of space and some service and hopefully he gets back to where he was. Id say he has to score against either Stoke or Palace, hope Albrighton starts I think he's the only one that might provide any decent service.

572a9587037f0cb6098adcb39f846d80.png

He led this until September/October didn't he?  :(

I would take a 30 million offer in January though. Re invest it in the team. We are lacking throughout.

Just a couple of things I can see wrong with this ...

1. We wouldn't reinvest it all. And we wouldn't swap 1 players outgoing wages for 3/4 other incoming salaries either.

2. But lets say we did sell our best player for 30m. How much of that would we need to spend to replace the man that scores a ridiculous percentage of our goals?, and who would be that player to come in and do it ?. I'd say a conservative 20m plus high wages. If you could replace Benteke with an equally great player for less then nobody would be spending 30m on Benteke in the first place, quite obviously.

3. But even if Randy did respend the hypothetical 30m coming in that'd leave us with 10m (and the usual peanuts on wages) over to cover everything else needed. Why not just spend that 10m regardless on the creative midfielder that's been needed for longer than I or anyone else can remember ?

4. What's the **** point ?

Â