Christian Benteke

Kwan

Sorry Spooney but this Gabby love in baffles me.Should have scord with a header in the 1st 2/3 mins, should have scored in the 2nd half when their LB completely misread a pass from Benteke, leaving Gabby with a free run on goal, but his 1st,2nd and 3rd touch were poor, and yet again he did not score.

Gabby could have been amazing, but hes lattered to deceive unfortunately.

Drop him then Stefan, sell him then, we don't need him we have Weimann and Gabby..........i don't think so.

Benteke is a much better player than either, Gabby and Weimann don't offer enough goal threat, or enough creativity.I said at the start of te season i would have gone for Remy on loan, and offerred about 4 players for Ince, i believe Benteke would have had more goals, indeed the team would have had more goals, with tem in the team.

For me we won't move up the table until we replace Gabby or Weimann, prefreably both.

Weimann has been off the boil for some time now, but to say Gabby is one of our bigger problems is ridiculous. He's one of the few players in this squad who has shown he's good enough to be in a side in the top half of the table.

We've got about half a dozen other positions I'd want to invest in before thinking about replacing Gabby.

Edited by Davkaus

Because Gabby does'nt do enough, i expect more.He has too many qualities to keep putting in mediocre performances, and poor goal scoring.I said at the end of last season that this trio had the abilities to renact the Deehan-Little-Gray days, but they are way off.

Masybe i expect too much, but it seems ok to criticise CB, but just one word of criticism about Gabby, then everyone jumps up and down.Just remind me how many goals Gabby and Weimann have got this year.......not good enough for a club as big as AVFC.

It's gabby and andi's fault that Benteke didn't even get off the ground half of the time?

Gabby hasn't been great this year, but you can visibly see the impact he makes. Look at Monday.

'Not good enough for a club as big as avfc', urgh makes me cringe.

Benteke usually makes things happen. He will win aerial battles with ease, bash players of the ball, hold up the ball well, create chances & lift the crowd. Of late he has done absolutely none of this. He looked awful today. If it's a lack of fitness then why the hell is he playing? If it's a lack of confidence, then that's no excuse for not even trying at times.

So I can't get my head around it really. Whatever the score is with him he needs to be dropped until he is fully fit and has the right attitude again. 

Kozak in the starting XI for me unless during training he looks good both mentally and physically. Of course we won't get to see that. 

Rotterdam, I think you chose a bad day to bash Gabby and Andi, who were two of the few better performers today.

Getting rid of Gabby and Andi would not make Benteke any better, they have to find a way to get back into form together. They need each other.

I also don't believe we should drop Benteke just yet, since he is obviously heavily short of confidence. When he shot over that first chance he had, his eyes didn't have that killer look they should. He wasn't expecting to score. This has to change somehow. It's purely mental now.

Sorry today he just wasn't trying - one break early in the second half - the ball broke to gabby who sprinted through the middle.....Andi W - went wide - Benteke trotted down a good 15 yards behind. Sort him or sell him. but performances like this do not help Benteke,  Lambert or Aston Villa.

What i dont understand is how he was kept on for 85min when he was obvs throwing his toys out of the pram. Kozac done more damage the 9 min he was on

There were a number of games last season where Benteke was anonymous, for most of the match, then won us the game, out of nowhere, so I can understand Lambert's hesitation to take him off.

I said that injury he suffered was a bad one and would last a while earlier in the thread and I was right. Lost that super Jordan leap he had. Shouldn't be dropped though, just play to his feet. He is surrounded by complete dirge as well to be fair.

We know good players can make bad players look good. Maybe bad players can make good players look bad also.

And how many times was he in the penalty area, on his own, with about 5/6 Sland players around him, and then either another shit cross comes over, or not at all.How many chances were created today against the bottom of the league team, how many chances were created for him, 1 i can think off.It really is not acceptable to create so little against a mediocre team.I don't mind not winning, but not creating i can't accept.

Maybe, just maybe, the above is why CB is getting pissed off, still our best player by quite a way, and if we don't buy/loan, at least 2 attacking players in Jan, it would'nt surprise me if he went in Jan.

Â