Christian Benteke

Kwan

My worry is that when CB does'nt score, those around him seem to drop their heads. If he nails one, its like he's some sort of talisman and both Gabby and Andi get all fired up.

Fitness was obviously an issue on Saturday, so expect fireworks if and when he does find the net.

Ironically I think it was his best all round game, even if he did die off in the second half. He held the ball up better than the first 4 games, and linked the play well...just wasn't as sharp in front on goal.

Edited by Oaks

Benteke puts it in same spot nearly every time. Keepers do their homework on peno takers. Every keeper in the PL knows to dive hard right for Tekkers. He should mix it up a little more. 

This doesn't ring true with me at all. Anyone want to dig out the videos ?

I think it is a bit premature to take him off penalties just because he missed two in a row. His penalties last season were as assured as you'll likely to see. Sent the keeper the wrong way every time I believe.

Bottom/middle left does seem to be his favourite spot, he needs to mix it up.

benteke_penalty_header_zps19ac981a.gif

LOL at little Weimann who jumps at the same time as Benteke as if to head an imaginary ball!!

Then runs after him in perfect step..............creepy!

How many goals do you think Benteke will score this season?

Everyone I speak to thinks that RVP, Remy, Lukaku, Giroud, Suarez, Aguero and Sturridge will all score more than him.

If he wasn't injured .. I'd say he would be up there with Suarez and Agueru ..

But with he's being out form .. And coming back from injury ..

Not sure tbh ..

Â