Christian Benteke

Kwan

Sell him for 40m

Bring in ince 8m, zaha 10m, remy 10m

Not sure if serious.

How much do u reckon they would want?

well they just paid 15 so I'd say it's unlikely they'd sell at a loss this soon. Plus not sure bringing in Zaha would fit Lambert's M.O, Or Remy for that matter, though he is really good.

Unless we get europa league, we have nothing to entice Benteke to stay and even that likely won't change much. At least if we are competing in Europe next season Lambert can show Benteke we are a team on the rise but if we finish even anywhere from 8-12th, they is no reason for him to stay sadly. 

Benteke will only be going in the summer for huge, huge money, in my view.  I wouldn't be surprised if he is still with us for next season.

I would, honestly, be absolutely astonished if he's a villa player this time next year

I think people would have thought the same thing from Christmas onwards last year, yet here we are with Benteke playing for us on an even longer contract.  He's still a young player with time on his hands - if he has a stormer of a season and World Cup I could see the scenario where Villa would sell for huge money but who knows?  

A lot can happen in twelve months of football and I wouldn't be surprised if Benteke is still with us after the World Cup.  Maybe when he is down to his final two years of contract will Villa start to think about cashing in.

Cheers.  I had a "discussion" with a bloke last night on this (sure he was a sha fan actually) and he tried to tell me I was talking bollox and ronaldo would have something to say about that

In addition he told me (shows how much he knows) that all the villa fans he talks to tell him CB has been nothing more than a lump this season worse than last year.

Then I reminded him that I as a Villa fan that he was talking to did not think that and in fact CB had been injured for the last few weeks but has still scored 4 goals this season

If Benteke is fit enough to play we should play him, screw the risk, he'll be off in the summer anyway so I couldn't care less about his long term health.

That literally makes no sense.

Play him because you dont care if he gets injured as he is off in the Summer?

Sorry but there is over 2/3 of the season to go and who the hell will buy him crocked? We still going to be demanding 30m?

Not that I would not play him myself, just I do not agree with your logic, at all

For me I hope he goes for 35m+ 

and we invest most of that on another striker, an Attacking midfielder and a defensive midfielder. Just under 10m on each ;) (fat chance) 

Absolutely what we need to happen.

But would probably need more than that to take us forward, as losing Benteke will make a huge difference.

Needs to be taken off penalties. 2 missed now.

Way below form this year and was he called Andi Weimann, Ashley Westwood or Matt Lowton, he'd be getting dogs abuse on here.

Will get a free ride here until he leaves IMO.

Saying that, he's still our best player.

He didn't look fit

But I'm pretty sure if he scored the penalty and that other sitter we wouldn't be saying that

Awful misses

I wouldn't have put the second chance down as a sitter and he actually got a good shot off, I just think he should have squared it for Bacuna.

Definitely not up to match fitness though, no doubt he'll be back with a bang over the next few matches.

Might be worth letting Bacuna have a crack at penalties btw, he hasn't ever missed one in his career I believe?

Edited by samjp26

Needs to be taken off penalties. 2 missed now.

Way below form this year and was he called Andi Weimann, Ashley Westwood or Matt Lowton, he'd be getting dogs abuse on here.

Will get a free ride here until he leaves IMO.

Saying that, he's still our best player.

Come off it, before his injury he was the top scorer in the league and he clearly isn't at full fitness, by far our best player and if he really was playing bad he wouldn't be getting a free ride I'm sure.

Â