Christian Benteke

Kwan

It's becoming pretty obvious now that teams have worked out that the only way you can stop Benteke is by using rough house tactics on him in the hope that Benteke reacts & foolishly get's himself sent off.

The beast needs to wise up quickly on this one & respond in the only way he know's possible by slamming the ball in the back of their net.

Disallow that one you bent basket referee. ;)

He needs to stay down longer injured and milk every foul, like the top 4 players do. Its part of the game now and unless you pressure the refs then your not going to get your fair share of the decisions. Chelsea had a system they use with refs, two  moan at him and the others hold the opposing teams players away.

before he signed the new contract he had a very long conversation with paul lambert he talked some sense in him i think he think he did no release clause in it for compensating his transfer request.

Sounds plausible but it could be that RL, PF and PL simply don't like release clauses, so it was never on the table. In any case, the important thing is CB is a Villa player for the next 2 to 3 seasons unless another club values him as highly as we do. A successful CB on 3.5, 3 or 2.5 year contract will cost another club a LOT of money. I hope CB scores 25+ goals this season. Then he will get his big £40m to £50m next summer or clubs will mess around with £30m bids and CB will realise Villa value him more than anyone else and stay for another season - like this summer.

i'm not gonna lie he will be gone next season. :(

Belgian Guy are you just speculating in your last couple of posts or is this something you've heard?

well im already preparing myself the scenario of the point where he will leave because i can't handle another transfer soap :( 

thats bull shit he would never leave his dreamcompetition. and our bondscoach has forbidden him to take any risk transfers until the world cups has past.

Can we lock this thread?..for the transfer stuff, me who can talk about his performances instead.

im sorry lets indeed talk about his recent performance :)

thats bull shit he would never leave his dreamcompetition. and our bondscoach has forbidden him to take any risk transfers until the world cups has past.

Can we lock this thread?..for the transfer stuff, me who can talk about his performances instead.

im sorry lets indeed talk about his recent performance :)

Haha Belgian guy have british humour...Rik Mayall loves you, or I do ...whatever u like :)

hahahahah...just rang my mate to check his sky bet account.... there's £1000 sitting in there hahaha!

Wish he had have realised that whilst we were in London!

Niiiice!  I settled for a £10 bet so just surprised myself with the £100 sitting in the account! :D

• Like 1

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/334278/Roma-sets-sights-on-shock-bids-for-Aston-Villa-s-Christian-Benteke-and-Chelsea-s-Demba-Ba-

had to laugh!! Doubt Roma have £50mil+ wish the cockney papers will get it into their heads! he is staying this season!

Weird situation with Roma, the american owners arrived with a big fanfare saying they were loaded and would invest. So far they've not done much to back that up and most of the fans think they're full of the brown stuff. In theory tough, if you believe the owners then the cash is there. Roma aren't in the champs league though this year and you'd think now he's signed a new contract next step would be a CL club for Benteke. Can't see the Ba deal at all though, Benteke would be a great addition to the Roma side and he'd have Totti and Lamela making chances for him. 

Looks like bullshit to me though even though there's a few italian sites with the story on it. For em far more likely if Roma can managa a CL spot this year and move next summer. That's a big ask though, only 3 spots in serie A now and they were a long way off seriously pushing last year.

This was worth a laugh this morning

From BBC gossip:

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert believes striker Christian Benteke, 22, will remain at Villa Park despite strong interest from Liverpool.

Full story: Daily Star (external)

In fairness to the rag, the article doesn't seem to mention anything like the BBC tagline.

From BBC gossip:

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert believes striker Christian Benteke, 22, will remain at Villa Park despite strong interest from Liverpool.

In fairness to the rag, the article doesn't seem to mention anything like the BBC tagline.

Can't wait until September comes and the 'Benteke to leave in January' stuff starts.

Just leave us alone!!!!

From BBC gossip:

Can't wait until September comes and the 'Benteke to leave in January' stuff starts.

Just leave us alone!!!!

Funny, most of you won't shut up about it either!!!

• Like 1

Â