Christian Benteke

Kwan

He's going to go for a fortune, and he's going to be nigh on impossible to replace. He may go in January, but it will cost anybody who wants him a large fortune. That and/or the fact we may be doing quite well in the league might mean we have him for the full season.

Except for his 3 goals, where "two" of them were penalties I think he's been poorer in his overall play(ie arial duels, lay offs, passing, hold up) so far this season compared to how it was at the end of last season. Can't wait until we'll see him in top form.

Something that struck me about Benteke recently is that he could probably improve his hold-up play. I think at times he looks for the lay-off/flick-on at every opportunity, even when it is likely to concede possession.

I stopped reading there ;)

Just think...he's not even playing well yet.

I'd say he's playing pretty well.

I wouldn't, his hold up and link up play has been poor by his standards, Lambert was giving him dogs in the first half yesterday. It just shows you though even when he's not playing well he's a goal threat.

I would also have put a clause in his contract which gifted him a 40-50% pay rise every year that he scores 15+ league goals but also adding an extra year onto that contract.

That is totally crazy.

He's currently on £3.1m a year (£60k/week).

Assuming he scores 15 goals for the next 3 years, he'll be on £10.5m/year at that point which is £201k/week!

His overall play hasn't been great yet. Probably something to do with the opposition. He has still managed to score 3 goals though, which is great. What Oaks is saying is imagine when the rest of his game clicks into place too (probably against poorer opposition, starting on Saturday). That's when I think the likes of Gabby and Andi will start to get in on the act too as CB's other parts of his game will bring the rest into play.

The aim of the game has to be for him to go for so much that we can do a Spurs style upgrade of the whole squad.

This, all day long.

I hope Faulkner is taking note of what's happening over at White Hart lane. That is how to sell a player and use the funds effectively.

• Like 2

His overall play hasn't been great yet. Probably something to do with the opposition. He has still managed to score 3 goals though, which is great. What Oaks is saying is imagine when the rest of his game clicks into place too (probably against poorer opposition, starting on Saturday). That's when I think the likes of Gabby and Andi will start to get in on the act too as CB's other parts of his game will bring the rest into play.

Spot on.

The aim of the game has to be for him to go for so much that we can do a Spurs style upgrade of the whole squad.

This, all day long.

I hope Faulkner is taking note of what's happening over at White Hart lane. That is how to sell a player and use the funds effectively.

This.

(This post will come across slightly negative but it's not meant to come across that way)

He'll eventually leave next season imo but anything less than £40m now will be robbery in my opinion.. we should be looking for a record fee in terms of sale from the club (not the world) for him and have no players involved in any deal.

I think at the moment our record fee recieved is Milner.. £18m + Stephen Ireland (Valued at £8m)

I actually hope we are looking and planning now for next season aswell and have targets in mind.

I also think we should do what Spurs have done with Bale and buy players in and then let him go.

Anyway let's enjoy Benteke for this season and hopefully push on for a top 10 finish :D

Given he's 6/4 to score any time against 'pool and has 36 league games left, as an accy (and we'll assume 6/4 is the standard odds and that he'll play every game) that's 84,703,294,725,429 to 1 :P So just under 85 trillion to one.

Nice little earner.

Oh and ... whistling.gif

He's due to start playing well at some stage. I would imagine the other 19 teams are absolutely shitting themselves at that prospect. Amazing to think we've got a guy you expect to score if he's having an awful game. What's going to happen when he turns up for the first time this season? Hat trick? Multiple goals and assists? End of the universe?

I had forgotten two of his goals were penalties actually, so I probably overstated my case there and was looking at the ends rather than the means.

However part of my point was that the fact you'd be able to see more evidence of him playing well against a lower-quality side doesn't necessarily mean that he's not playing well at the moment, it could just mean he's being stifled better by excellent defenders.

Given he's 6/4 to score any time against 'pool and has 36 league games left, as an accy (and we'll assume 6/4 is the standard odds and that he'll play every game) that's 84,703,294,725,429 to 1 :P So just under 85 trillion to one.

Nice little earner.

Oh and ... whistling.gif

Better answer,  may even go as far as £1.50 now

Nice little earner.

Oh and ... whistling.gif

BANKER!

Â