Christian Benteke

Kwan

Currently in sleepy Buddhist village of Luang Prabang in Laos. I fear the big grin on my face in the bar scared both dormates and barmaid. **** it. Im happy!

But, devils advocate for a second... is all forgiven and forgotten? A week ago Claret & Blue, Villa Park and the fans werent enough for the ego that is Benteke. Thoughts?

It's his job, he was being paid far less than what he was worth to the club and he wanted to be paid more, which he honestly deserved. Now he is. Don't think that's some insane ego.

Edit: I was saying footballs his job, not quitting villa if that was unclear Idk.

Edited by Rovers13

Awesome awesome awesome! It's like a new signing :). One who is currently in the top 3 most prolific goal scorers in Europe :).

Nearly crashed my car when I heard it on the radio on the way home!

Fair play to all at Villa who made this happen!

• Like 2

Lmao apparently Spud fans are now saying they never wanted him and they've dodged a bullet haha oh how they make me laugh, jumped up idiots thinking they're going to be next big thing.

You're a feeder club to the big boys, you're not different!

Fantastic news. We're a top class AM away from attacking the top 4.

There's a hugely experienced Dutch one in his prime currently rotting in Turkey.

What are you smoking my I ask :blink::P

If we get into Top 10 this season, it will be a success after what we had to endure this season...

FFS why does everyone keep saying this when I'm proved right every time?!

I'll say it again, for quoting and using it against me later. With an AM the quality and stature of Sneijder and we would be within a few points of the top 4 at the end of the season. We were in Europa league form from march onwards last season with a leaky defence and no strength in depth. Both have been addressed, and if we added some top quality to the side it's not that big of a jump to think we'll be up there next season. Bloody hell even WBA with a pretty poor squad were close.

The big question though is are we better with an attacking midfielder (a la N'Zog) o with a more defensivey minded one (a la Sylla)?

I personally believe we are too front loaded with the front 3 and an attacking midfielder behind them.During that dreadful run through December & January,the midfield struggled as much as the defence did-We have options with Sylla & Tonev/others.We are building a young vibrant side-I'm happy to continue along this road-Aging players generaly haven't worked for us in recent years & I can't see Lambert ever buying one anyway

• Like 1

Very happy to hear this news. Will give the team a lift for sure.

I can't help but think his agent is a word removed. Lambert gets the chance to say a word to Benteke - who is a kid we must remember - and he signs a new deal.

He's got two different people saying conflicting things to him.

• Like 1

Great news, eff off Levy... He'll probably be gone next year but we all thought that anyway, at least lambo now can spend 12 months looking for his replacement and doesnt have to rush. Cant wait for the new season to start. He's been a bit of a nob what with the transfer request but if he sticks to what he has said today then fairs dues and i'll support him all season and if he goes next year then fair enough and thanks. UTV

Still dont think helius and Bentekke will play in same team, unless lambert changes his tatics from last season. Nice problem to have thiugh

Not much of a problem that I can see, one is a striker who got 20 odd goals for us last season, the other isn't!

Maybe we'll splash a bit of cash at the end of the window now to add a bit of sugar to all of this.

if we get shot of given, hutton, ireland and bent (with all due respect to the contirbutions of bent and given), then we just might be doing that.

such great news abotu the new contract. looks like the deadline did coincide with him coming back to train. really impressively handled by the club.

I'm in more shock now than I was when I saw the story breaking for his transfer request.

Just a different type of shock, kinda guess this must be a little bit like what winning the lottery feels like

After careful consideration I think I'd be happier if I won the lottery.

• Like 1

I'm in more shock now than I was when I saw the story breaking for his transfer request.

Just a different type of shock, kinda guess this must be a little bit like what winning the lottery feels like

After careful consideration I think I'd be happier if I won the lottery.

Well, yeah.

Â