Christian Benteke

Kwan

Well he'll be gone next summer but I'm delighted to have here for one more season.

You can't guarantee this-2 hours ago,the majority on here were saying that he'd be gone this summer.

10-12 goals next season may not be enough to earn him his big move.He needs to repeat the high standards he set last season.Theres a bit of pressure there,Weiman is improving and there is the potential of goals in some of our new signings.12 months is a long time in football.Who would have thought we'd be having this conversation 12 months ago about a 22 year old from Belgium?

Or, on a more positive note, we push next season and gain a place in the Europa League. Benteke decides he wants to keep on fighting for us to hit top 4.

But yeah, we could just be crap ey!

We are far from crap-We finished last season very well,playing some great football along the way.I've no worries that we will score goals given the formation that we play-The point is, for Benteke to get his big move,he needs a repeat of last season-Lets not take him leaving for granted.

Excellent news. Good lad. That's him sorted for next season at least.

I trust all those who have been pouring out juvenile hate mail against him in this thread will now withdraw and welcome him as a full member of the squad.

Absolutely buzzin'. Getting the Beast on an extended contract means we are in an even stronger position now than ever. Hope the buy out clause in his contract is £40M.

I still think £60k pw is the bargain of the century.

My only worry now is that AVB goes to Barca & comes back in for the beast but at least I know we will fight our corner if that scenario comes to pass & more importantly we now have an even stronger hold on the Monsters contract.

Oh yeah - one final thing -  Hairy Hands! - Take a bow son & a beer. ;)

What did Hairy Hands say?

Called it! (Cryptically)

Edited by Nigel

So happy for Belgian Guy too - Don't know if he loves Benteke more than I do? Must be close?

Will I get banned for claiming to be a Better Benteke Fan than you? ;):)

Haha im glad asswell this made my day/week/year lets say we all love him :D the Belgian Beast is here to stay :)

• Like 1

For me the transfer request was not a bargaining tactic but an ill advised move from his agent. Good news on the new deal and a major worry out of the way for a season. He'll go next summer if he does as well as last season this time round.

Leaves a bad taste in my mouth and while I am so glad he has had this sudden change of heart, ill never take him to my heart. Keep scoring goals though Christian.

Currently in sleepy Buddhist village of Luang Prabang in Laos. I fear the big grin on my face in the bar scared both dormates and barmaid. **** it. Im happy!

But, devils advocate for a second... is all forgiven and forgotten? A week ago Claret & Blue, Villa Park and the fans werent enough for the ego that is Benteke. Thoughts?

• Like 1

Currently in sleepy Buddhist village of Luang Prabang in Laos. I fear the big grin on my face in the bar scared both dormates and barmaid. **** it. Im happy!

But, devils advocate for a second... is all forgiven and forgotten? A week ago Claret & Blue, Villa Park and the fans werent enough for the ego that is Benteke. Thoughts?

lets give him a chanse to make it up :D

• Like 1

Best summer in my Villa supporting history. How would have ever imagined seething this happen?

Sign 6 players before the summer even starts.

A player who could have left for free signs a new deal.

Half of the squad sign new deals.

Your best player hands in a transfer request then a week later withdraws it and signs a new deal.

Carlsberg don't do Aston Villa summers...

• Like 4

Â