Christian Benteke

Kwan

Fantastic news. We're a top class AM away from attacking the top 4.

There's a hugely experienced Dutch one in his prime currently rotting in Turkey.

What are you smoking my I ask  :blink:  :P

If we get into Top 10 this season, it will be a success after what we had to endure this season...

Edited by Alakagom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQA0DklJTis

Got to requote this :D
Yep brilliant

The reading goal is my favorite Idk why though. He was amazing that game, won literally every ball in the air. I'd only seen samba been that dominant prior to that game

Well he'll be gone next summer but I'm delighted to have here for one more season.

You can't guarantee this-2 hours ago,the majority on here were saying that he'd be gone this summer.

10-12 goals next season may not be enough to earn him his big move.He needs to repeat the high standards he set last season.Theres a bit of pressure there,Weiman is improving and there is the potential of goals in some of our new signings.12 months is a long time in football.Who would have thought we'd be having this conversation 12 months ago about a 22 year old from Belgium?

There's a hugely experienced Dutch one in his prime currently rotting in Turkey.

Sneijder wants to ears at least 190k/week + there is a reason why no1 was interested in him he's over his top.

why won't go for nacer chadli? he's a winger who can also play as attacking midfielder.

• Like 1

Whatever it was it was his agent calling the shots. Bentake just a kid. For him to sign a 4 year extension he must be one of our highest earners now but to be fair he deserves it. The guy saved us 10's of millions by keeping us up!

I just hope he doesn't flop next year but I think we've all seen enough to know he is the best striker we've had since Yorke and is the real deal.

• Like 1

Well he'll be gone next summer but I'm delighted to have here for one more season.

You can't guarantee this-2 hours ago,the majority on here were saying that he'd be gone this summer.

10-12 goals next season may not be enough to earn him his big move.He needs to repeat the high standards he set last season.Theres a bit of pressure there,Weiman is improving and there is the potential of goals in some of our new signings.12 months is a long time in football.Who would have thought we'd be having this conversation 12 months ago about a 22 year old from Belgium?

Or, on a more positive note, we push next season and gain a place in the Europa League. Benteke decides he wants to keep on fighting for us to hit top 4.

But yeah, we could just be crap ey!

Sneijder wants to ears at least 190k/week + there is a reason why no1 was interested in him he's over his top.

why won't go for nacer chadli? he's a winger who can also play as attacking midfielder.

and was also wanted by spurts

I don't really get the 'it doesn't matter he'll be off next summer' thing either. This is a very big deal for us. Lambert needs time, we are still currently a poor team, improving but generally a struggling team, with Benteke in the team next season, not only are we vastly improved but we have a player that clearly influences other players in the team and is a genuine top European talent that raises the profile of the club. If he was the leave next summer, It would mean he had another great season, Villa would have benefited and may even demand a higher transfer fee than he does now, It's also another year of building time for Lambert, by which time we should hopefully be in far, far better condition to deal with his loss. This new deal is a big statement, guys. 

What are you smoking my I ask :blink::P

If we get into Top 10 this season, it will be a success after what we had to endure this season...

FFS why does everyone keep saying this when I'm proved right every time?!

I'll say it again, for quoting and using it against me later. With an AM the quality and stature of Sneijder and we would be within a few points of the top 4 at the end of the season. We were in Europa league form from march onwards last season with a leaky defence and no strength in depth. Both have been addressed, and if we added some top quality to the side it's not that big of a jump to think we'll be up there next season. Bloody hell even WBA with a pretty poor squad were close.

• Like 4

and was also wanted by spurts

yea bla bla they want everyone they just can't get anyone. :D

• Like 1

Absolutely buzzin'. Getting the Beast on an extended contract means we are in an even stronger position now than ever. Hope the buy out clause in his contract is £40M.

I still think £60k pw is the bargain of the century.

My only worry now is that AVB goes to Barca & comes back in for the beast but at least I know we will fight our corner if that scenario comes to pass & more importantly we now have an even stronger hold on the Monsters contract.

Oh yeah - one final thing -  Hairy Hands! - Take a bow son & a beer. ;)

What did Hairy Hands say?

Putting my pessimist hat on here, but considering he told fans multiple times that he was staying both before and after his request, does anyone else get the feeling he was never going to spurs in the first place and this was all to make Villa cough up some extra cash?

There's a chance he's pulled a 'Rooney', yes. All part of the game, he'll have probably have gained an extra £10k/week over our best pre-transfer-request offer and we'll have retained a great player for next season or more.

Looking ahead at the following scenarios:

Scores up to 15 league goals - he stays with us for a third year as no other club offers more than his current contract;

Scores 15 to 20 league goals - could be same situation as this summer where Villa set a minimum value as he's 3 years left on his contract;

Scores 20+ league goals - well he's no longer a 'one season wonder' risk and I suspect we'll enjoy auctioning him to the highest bidder (£35m? £40m+?)

Either way it looks good for our club.

Benteke signing a new deal is like the marque signing that Villa fans were waiting for, well not the actual signing but it does feel like one :) Overall its good news for everyone associated with the club, but it does look like it took a few words of 'advice' from his friend (Sylla) and boss (Lambert) to stay at the club. We sign a number 10 now and we are looking at challenging the top 7 next season, top 4 is slightly off the radar IMO at this time.

Â