Christian Benteke

Kwan

I quite fancy the offer from Chelsea. 22m plus Ba. I'd take that all day.

except there never was such an offer of course

Just something I heard from one of my mates.... Probably not true. But an offer like that I would take.

Just something I heard from one of my mates.... Probably not true. But an offer like that I would take.

You can say that again...

No player is bigger than a club. I don't want him there if he wants out.

Lets face it. I would have looked good in that villa team last season and would have popped a few goals in. Lets see what he is actually like in a Chelsea squad or a spurs squad. Maybe he is a one season wonder.... Lets hope so.

I'm sorry but how do you work that out. Surely you're less likely to perform well in a poor side than a good one.

I wonder when our imposed deadline for this transfer runs out. If CB's due back tomorrow I don't imagine it would be too far past that date. 

The fact that key personnel weren't in place until late August cost us dearly last season. Reckon we'll take this deadline pretty seriously.

I wonder when our imposed deadline for this transfer runs out. If CB's due back tomorrow I don't imagine it would be too far past that date. 

The fact that key personnel weren't in place until late August cost us dearly last season. Reckon we'll take this deadline pretty seriously.

I'd imagine it's a good deal longer than tomorrow. Most likely end of July

I've read the first week of August being mooted as Villa's deadline.  That gives us 3 weeks of the window to sign a replacement.

No player is bigger than a club. I don't want him there if he wants out.

Lets face it. I would have looked good in that villa team last season and would have popped a few goals in. Lets see what he is actually like in a Chelsea squad or a spurs squad. Maybe he is a one season wonder.... Lets hope so.

I'm sorry but how do you work that out. Surely you're less likely to perform well in a poor side than a good one.

Not 'surely' at all. It all depends on the system. Certain styles of play for different teams suit players better. Benteke requires imo everything to go through him, in a better team that might not be the case. Honestly you can just look at Andy Carroll for an understanding of it. He looked a real player at Newcastle but Newcastle style of player really suited him. Everything also went through him. Liverpool don't play like that, he isn't the only player they target and thus his inability to adapt exposed his flaws.

I'm not saying that will be the same for Benteke, honestly Benteke looks to have all the attributes needed to become one of the best imo. He even has the arrogance and selfishness to succeed.

But just saying, just because a player moves to a better club doesn't necessarily mean he's going to perform better not just in the matches but his record as well.

I wouldn't.

Most if not all of the 22m would go against Ba's wages (12.5m over 3 years), NI contributions, agent's fee (2.5m when he moved to Chelsea) and Insurance.

Tear what to shreds?

I can take insults on a forum and I'd gladly welcome a coherent and proper reply to what I've just said.

Understandable about the CL aspect but who's to say Chelsea/Arsenal are in for him aside from paper talk? Chelsea have Lukaku who is of similar ilk and Arsenal seem to be after a different type of striker a la Suarez/Rooney-esque.

We're probably the biggest club who are genuinely interested in signing him... Might shock some of you.

Maybe so... but you aren't big enough to buy him from us... Spurs have always acted the same... Throwing their weight around, shouting the odds, when really... when all the dust has settled and it all comes down to it... You are merely one of the better of the rest... You are a space filler... Our side have had a bad few seasons... Yeah, sure... Don't think anyone here would deny that... But when we finished 6th so many years on the bounce and you were dumping and replacing managers like Pokemon cards, I severely doubt any of your fans on your boards would openly say 'Villa are a bigger club than us'.... So dont in a million years accept it from us towards your outfit run by a conniving skinflint

• Like 2

Maybe so... but you aren't big enough to buy him from us... Spurs have always acted the same... Throwing their weight around, shouting the odds, when really... when all the dust has settled and it all comes down to it... You are merely one of the better of the rest... You are a space filler... Our side have had a bad few seasons... Yeah, sure... Don't think anyone here would deny that... But when we finished 6th so many years on the bounce and you were dumping and replacing managers like Pokemon cards, I severely doubt any of your fans on your boards would openly say 'Villa are a bigger club than us'.... So dont in a million years accept it from us towards your outfit run by a conniving skinflint

They're run a lot better than most clubs to be fair

Don't be too hard on them. They've been shite for 20 years. The fact they're competitive for the past 5 must be such a wonderful novelty to their fans. We're seeing their true colours at the moment. Delusions of grandeur. When they sink back down (which history tells us they will, probably soon), just remember what they were like in their pomp.

They're run a lot better than most clubs to be fair

To be fair, you arent wrong... To be equally fair... Levy is a word removed... The way he operates is entirely rocket polisher-esque... Acts as if everyone owes him a favour and that he doesn't need to repay it at all... Bollocks to him and the rest of them

Â