Christian Benteke

Kwan

well, i knew this day would come i didn't expect it to be this soon. i am deeply dissapointed in benteke i would understand if u guys would ban me from the website. :(

Why on Earth would you get banned?

idk i have no words for it im very upset... 

Well, I speak as a relative newcomer to this site (though long-time lurker), but I'd say you've been a star and most here will be hoping you remain a Villa fan rather than considering banning you!

well, i knew this day would come i didn't expect it to be this soon. i am deeply dissapointed in benteke i would understand if u guys would ban me from the website. :(

Banned you? What!!

You're a Villan mate, one of us.

Well he has shown his class (0r rather lack of it) .. Goodbye please close the door on your way out.

Frankly i don't want him at the club now, even if nobody offers his worth. Just get rid.. He's a nomad clearly just after the money with no loyalty or respect for the club, fans or the guy who plucked him from obscurity.

He has royally stuck two fingers up to the club so i hope he gets found out next season playing for one of the boring usual suspects... Does my head in with these players.

Lost all respect for him

Old Man Said, the only reliable 'ITK' who actually gets bits of info, says that his agent is demanding £100k a week.

His agent is going to ruin Benteke's image and in turn his career, greedy tosspot.

Isn't the agent supposed to try to get as much money for the players as possible though? Should he go in and say, "Eh, maybe you'd be willing to pay 100, but why not just do 60 and call it a deal?

Does this not reveal the crucial flaw in this "young & hungry" plan?

So we sign players with resale value if they do well and make a profit from them (eg Benteke). So at what point do we keep enough of these players to actually form a team capable of competing for a top 4 place? If we keep being forced to sell players after one or two good seasons, we will find ourselves being back to square one constantly and never form a top team.

I want to be wrong about this, but i don't think i am!

FFS. It sure beats signing mediocre players on massive wages and then having them leave for nothing. Outstanding players will always attract interest.

One of the biggest things Lambert has done since he came in is instilled a great team spirit consisting of players who play for that badge. If Benteke doesn't want to be a part of it, sod it. Lambert has a game plan and will be ready to swoop for the next big thing. 

Old Man Said, the only reliable 'ITK' who actually gets bits of info, says that his agent is demanding £100k a week.

His agent is going to ruin Benteke's image and in turn his career, greedy tosspot.

He really isnt though.

He is an absolutely cracking player and there a far worse players earning similar money. He will become one of the best strikers in Europe - no doubt about it.

Well there is a bigger chance of him going somewhere else and doing crap, compared to him staying here and doing as well as he did last season. I expect the fee to be over 20M and way below 30M, and then we go from there. In business this is what happens, especially when one player is so much better than everyone else and we don't buy established quality on top of that. I am not blaming anyone here, but Benteke has probably looked at what we have gotten this season and decided we are not going to match his ambitions. Do I blame him? Nope. Do I blame Lambert? Not at all, these are the new rules of the game and he has accepted to manage by them. We have to buy young and cheap to survive, even though it makes it impossible to be successful at the same time. I mentioned this weeks ago, about Benteke (and every other "next thing") leaving when the next chance comes along and we haven't made it hard for him to make the decision. Oh, besides giving him a shot in the Premier League and giving him a chance when nobody else did - but we all know that counts for nothing. Probably has some dickhead agent pulling all the plugs, who over time rationalizes that a new club would be much better for him and then he starts to believe in it. 

Argeeing with a lot of the posters here. Sure is very disappointing but not in the Milner/Barry mold. It feels like we have a plan under Lambert. He has already brought in a load of promising young players already. Benteke was never going to be here for long (I hoped for another season) but rather than beating myself up over another player going, I am excited about what Lambert will do with the money.As fans, we need to stick together and support the club in times like this.Thank you and good night.

Thing is, he's worth £100k a week and more than capable of getting it. It's just the way the world is now, at least until the viewers get bored.

Isn't the agent supposed to try to get as much money for the players as possible though? Should he go in and say, "Eh, maybe you'd be willing to pay 100, but why not just do 60 and call it a deal?

We've offered to at least double his wages, which is somewhere between £40k and £50k.

The problem is that players valued as highly as we value him earn that sort of money.

We were dreaming if we thought he was going to be happy with the rumored £40k pw!

So we sign players with resale value if they do well and make a profit from them (eg Benteke). So at what point do we keep enough of these players to actually form a team capable of competing for a top 4 place? If we keep being forced to sell players after one or two good seasons, we will find ourselves being back to square one constantly and never form a top team.

FFS. It sure beats signing mediocre players on massive wages and then having them leave for nothing. Outstanding players will always attract interest.

Right, so what do you think we will achieve as things stand? It just feels like we are a feeder club. How many seasons in a row have we sold our best player now?

Yep. Other clubs actually want our players again, lol.

I'm sure PL is massively disappointed, but resilient enough to dust himself down and find a replacement.

The official statement was effectively a message to the buying club saying we understand our player's head's been turned, but don't be **** around with the offer or you won't get him.

The key point about him being sold in the right time during pre-season and not before the end of the transfer window.

Edited by StanBalaban

Another way of looking at it, villa are saying to him we will give u 50k. If you are looking 100k you will have to get it somewhere else. Might not be any teams in at all. He is no 100k a week player yet

We've offered to at least double his wages, which is somewhere between £40k and £50k.

But then Villa put a 30 million pound price tag on him? If a club wanted that fee for me, I'd want more per week than that. Especially if I just was critical in keeping them up and making them millions of pounds they would've lost out on in the process.

Â