Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

KEA? Christ no. Awful player. And I wish people would stop going on about Guzan like it was some genius find.

I'll take your opinion on signings with a pinch of salt, as you said that Lambert has never signed anyone decent. Didn't even correct it in regards to Benteke & Vlaar either.

Hatred seems to blind people.

Vlaar has clearly improved under Lambert as he's got used to the league, going by what you say that's an impossibility for all Lambert signings.

Sorry, when did I say that? Benteke was a very good signing. And it isn't me getting rid of Lambert's signings after one season, it's Lambert himself. If you want them to be given time to improve, write to the manager relating your concerns.

But your argument is flawed. As you say all those players would add up to around £8mill. That still isn't enough to buy one quality player let alone two. One player wouldn't have changed a thing.

There was never enough money.

I agree with the comments above, your clear hatred for Lambert is blinding you from seeing any truths at all.

Benteke isn't a decent player?  Okore?  £8m is more than enough if you spend it wisely.

No but they didn't cost £8m either

Er, isn't that the point?  They both cost less than £8m (Okore half that) yet the poster above asserts that £8m isn't enough to buy one decent player. 

• Like 4

I think t

£8M is **** all in today's market.

Are you living in 1995?

Were Benteke and Okore bought in 1995?

No manager in the world can pull of signings of that value every summer though.

You can, but you have to deal with the fact that some, if not most of them will not turn out to be good players, ala Okore/Benteke.

Saying that, I think Westwood is a good player, also in his first season, Lowton was a good player.

Bacuna seems good.. ocassionally... this will be bacuna's make or break season for me.

I think Tonez is actually not a bad player at all, merely a bit of a scapegoat.

Yes it is infuriating when he shoots on sight but his overall play is good; he's quick, skilful and direct with the ball at his feet.

Unfortunately for him we now have a better option in N'Zogbia now the latter is fit.

Er, isn't that the point?  They both cost less than £8m (Okore half that) yet the poster above asserts that £8m isn't enough to buy one decent player. 

Ah I see, so we now use Lamberts successes as the measure with which to beat him for his failures..........cos that makes sense.

Ah I see, so we now use Lamberts successes as the measure with which to beat him for his failures..........cos that makes sense.

That's not what it says at all, you're really going to have try harder than that.

Lambert has done well with the budget at hand.

No he hasn't.  For players like Tonev to be bombed out after a year says a lot about his ability in both the transfer market and on the training ground.

No he hasn't.  For players like Tonev to be bombed out after a year says a lot about his ability in both the transfer market and on the training ground.

Unless 'bombed' is a hip, new synonym for 'loaned' that I'm not au fait with, Tonev hasn't been bombed out.

That is without addressing the fact that there are more examples of signings that have gone up in value than have gone down IMO, but that's off topic.

I don't agree at all.

Tonev was an inexpensive gamble to fill the position left by N'Zogbia.

Tonev's approach play is good, he's quick, direct and skilful; only problem is his choice and final delivery i.e shooting.

No he hasn't. For players like Tonev to be bombed out after a year says a lot about his ability in both the transfer market and on the training ground.

One benefit is that at least Lambert's signings can be 'bombed out' - they're not on silly money for their standard so other clubs will take them.

Oh so now we gloss over Benteke/Okore/Vlaar entirely?

Djemba Djemba, Veron, Bebe etc etc......my God, that Ferguson was dogshite wasn't he

You forgot that awful Italian keeper - who's name escapes me atm.

I'm not a big fan of Lambert, but I think his "good" buys outweigh his bad as I think they are largely responsible for keeping us up.

The sad fact is that he could have done with more to make things a little more comfortable for himself but - as the list quoted shows - no manager is immune to a few bad buys.

Edit: Taibi?

Edited by ozvillafan

No he hasn't. For players like Tonev to be bombed out after a year says a lot about his ability in both the transfer market and on the training ground.

I don't agree at all.

Tonev was an inexpensive gamble to fill the position left by N'Zogbia.

Tonev's approach play is good, he's quick, direct and skilful; only problem is his choice and final delivery i.e shooting.

I agree, and his appearances towards the end of the season seemed more composed and he was unlucky not to score a couple of times due to good saves.

• Like 1

Â