Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

I would like to see him and Albrighton get 45 at Norwich instead of gabby and Weimann, give them a chance to show us something else.

I agree albrighton holt tonev

Lambert has read this now and will go will Weiman Gabby and Benteke

The strange thing with Tonev is that I struggle to remember much in the way of his input in games - apart from his notorious long shots.

If I'm not mistaken he did put in a useful cross leading up to the second goal against Cardiff in the home win but that's about it in terms of my memory!

• 4 weeks later...

Just bumping this thread. Only 15 minutes or so on the pitch but I thought today was the first time I've seen a hint of a Premier League player in there. Went very close with one of his shots, his movement was pretty good and he looked to have a bit more discipline in him. Certainly did more than Gabby did for the previous 75 minutes.

• Like 2

Agree. Did more in his brief cameo then the likes of Gabby and Weimann did in the entire match. Admittedly, that isn't difficult but I've always said he should get more chances.

Edited by Isa

Agree. Did more in his brief cameo then the likes of Gabby and Weimann did in the entire match. Admittedly, that isn't difficult but I've always said he should get more chances.

It's still all his fault though.

To be honest, that second shot he had was very close and De Gea didn't even move. I'd call it pot luck when considering all of his other shots for us in the past, but I definitely think he looks better running at the opposition than many of our other players.

He has the right intentions but he looks like a player that needs to be eased into the side, right now he is playing like a player who wants to prove himself(which was the case in pre-season as well). No doubt Lambert tells him to take a shot but it`s not happening. He did have high energy when he came on and he went on some decent runs but nothing so far. Think it`s gonna be the same story until next season, either he is sold or we might see a more settled tonev. So far there is not really anything to go on except his pace.

Â