Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

Well I hope he isn't delighted with his shooting since joining Aston Villa. He is getting better, there's no doubt about it. The last game against Cardiff was by far his best. However, i'm hoping there's much more to his game than we've seen so far. 

There's little we love more as fans than an atomic strike.  So expect him to go immediately from almost-zero to instant cult hero when that happens :)

Hitzlsperger was shite apart from a long range shot,  and fans loved him

He's definitely shown he can hit them. I think the shot he had against Spurs (which he actually got on target) was moving about a bit. Had Friedel a bit worried.

I am one of those who feels my pulse raising every time he shoots only to chuckle to myself as it sails into the stands. I think to myself "one day...one day..."

Also reckon we should get him on corners, even though he will mess up 1 in 9, the one he gets right (as in game against Malaga) will be very tough to defend.

I would bet that over the course of a season we would have less "efforts on goal" from corners compared to Westwood's generally accurate drives but we would score more goals.

He would have to put up with a lot of crowd moaning though as he scuffed two in a row to the near post.

I wish Villa Park would start screaming SHOOOT every time he received to ball regardless of his position on the pitch.

I wish they'd scream PASS no matter where he is on the pitch. 

Edited by jon_c

I wish Villa Park would start screaming SHOOOT every time he received to ball regardless of his position on the pitch.

I wish they'd scream PASS no matter where he is on the pitch. 

reverse psychology my friend, reverse psychology.

There's little we love more as fans than an atomic strike.  So expect him to go immediately from almost-zero to instant cult hero when that happens :)

Hitzlsperger was shite apart from a long range shot,  and fans loved him

He may not have been the best player , but he definitely was not "shite"

• Like 2

Unfortunately many football forum users come across as wannabe football managers or game console addicts; all with added hindsight, of course.

The truth in this is rather disturbing. So many people think they know the ins and outs of management and the qualities of a player based on video games that pretend to simulate it. It's rather laughable.

In regards to Tonev, if he improved on his decision making I think we could have quite a nice player on our hands :)

Unfortunately many football forum users come across as wannabe football managers or game console addicts; all with added hindsight, of course.

The truth in this is rather disturbing. So many people think they know the ins and outs of management and the qualities of a player based on video games that pretend to simulate it. It's rather laughable.

In regards to Tonev, if he improved on his decision making I think we could have quite a nice player on our hands :)

And his shooting accuracy, and his strength. Last one is easily doable, the others not so easy.

He lost the ball countless times today and the less said about his shooting the better. Has to be dropped back to the bench next week.

Probably right but we dont have much on the bench either. Hopefully our 3 main guys are fit to start at weekend

Â