Chelsea v Benfica, Europa League final

Genie

Had a quick look through a Chelsea forum and their fans are still slagging Benitez off. 

Classy. 

Really? wow.

Have a read. Cringe-worthy... 

http://www.theshedend.com/topic/22073-the-rafa-benitez-thread-merged/page-227

I know a few Chelsea fans personally. Met them after the game on Saturday and asked them about Benitez. I was genuinely shocked at how much they STILL hated him. Madness.

We got so much stick for McLeish last season, but this is way way worse!

Hell of a lot of negativity in here.

Sure Terry is a bellend, but I'm surprised by the lack of support for an English club in Europe.

disagree

i find watching english teams in europe very boring probably because we are so over fed on them by sky so i dont really watch them if i can help it, i find i actually have an opinion on more players in english teams, tonight for example i thought benfica would be cheats and divers but thats still better than my opinion on the likes of cole and terry, and then there's probably the most current reason, the FFP and how europe tips the balance of our league, chelsea won the CL and had another £100m to spend last summer, i think there is a danger that the better english teams do in europe every year then the bigger the gap between the haves and have nots in the prem

Incidentally, i read last night that it's actually a UEFA directive for the players to wear their full kits. Something to do with the photographs.

So, whilst Terry is still a massive cock, he's probably getting a bit of unfair stick for this.

Meh, I dunno. Maybe he didn't want to be in the pictures (which I'd argue is the right thing to do)

But it's worth mentioning that Chelsea had loads of other players who put the full kit on despite not being in the squad, including FOUR goalkeepers for goodness sake!

(And people like Wayne Rooney did it last week for the premier league trophy presentation)

I think that the Chelsea fans all look a bit stupid now that they've won this trophy and look good for 3rd place. Some of the stick they gave the fat waiter was unbelievable and the press largely let them get away with it. The guy's a winner after all ferchrissakes. Compare this to criticism we got for "hounding" the useless loser McL**sh. Makes my blood boil, tosspots.

Bentiez is generally a good manager, whereas McLeish was not. 

Which is the MAJORITY of the reason we didn't like McLeish. Not because he came from Blues.

I've always said if McLeish had come here and actually been good then we'd have actually enjoyed the fact he came from Blues. Imagine if he'd relegated them then won us a trophy?

Â