FIFA 14

hogso

EA need to make the game so it will pass the ball exactly where you direct it on the analogue

I don't play on manual so I don't know whether is it like this, but if it is then FIFA should be manual by default to improve the game.

Anyway, aren't they unveiling the next-gen features today? Online career mode please!

It is like this on manual. If FIFA used manual they'd lose so many of the casual gamers. It's really quite difficuly. I only play on manual now and it's taken ages to get half decent at it. I recommend that you play manual, it's great fun!

Surely this is the year that they add Villa Park to the game?

Villa Park is a generic looking 40k stadium, I'm not sure they'll ever do it.

So is Stamford Bridge.

And White Hart Lane.

Even more so, I'd say.

So is Stamford Bridge.

And White Hart Lane.

Even more so, I'd say.

True, but they've got a bigger fanbase, been more succesful since Fifa has come around. They'll include Goodison before VP I imagine.

So is Stamford Bridge.

And White Hart Lane.

Even more so, I'd say.

True, but they've got a bigger fanbase, been more succesful since Fifa has come around. They'll include Goodison before VP I imagine.

Exactly. Whether you get your stadium represented in game depends on how successful your team is. It rarely is about how architecturally unique the stadium is, at least when it comes to the premier league.

Don't think i'll bother (Probably will) more look forward to the World Cup game. Qualifying campaigns with absolute minnows on the most difficult setting with your mate is something so fun. Think we attempted Liechinstein about 4 times, San Marino a couple, Andorra, Faroe Islands but found our calling with Luxembourg, think it took us around 10 attempts including a couple losses in the play offs but my God it was worth it, eventually losing in the last 16 of the world cup to the Ivory Coast. It felt like a victory deep down though. Great memories.

They also used to have that mode where you could create multiple individual players and you'd play in B-team matches and stuff and friendlies for England in the hope of getting a place in the team for qualifying and then the actual World Cup squad which was really good, we never made it into the squad after a couple attempts but I like a challenging game so that weren't a bother. 

Anyway, not sure what this has to do with FIFA 14 itself but hey ho, what else is there to add about FIFA?

It's a good idea. But they just ruin it by upping the speed of the gameplay. So everyone just buys the fastest players regardless of skill, and then it just sucks. Every game is just complete pace abuse, and it's boring. Give me Seasons mode any day.

• Like 1

They're never going to change how Ultimate team works. It's a complete cash cow. When i did play it used to play it, i noticed when i went back and played a normal Fifa game with my mate i was totally shit at it.

Hardly ever play UT now. I much prefer to trade and make coins and sell them on Ebay. I love that people are willing to throw away their money on coins that will be useless when Fifa 14 comes out. You can make loads if you're good a trading.

• 4 weeks later...

Two words:

Random Select.

In this mode, the user can pick up to either four clubs/nations or one region/league. Once selected, the computer picks a random selection of players from the teams or region for the player's squad. The lineup is selected automatically, although players can choose to let the computer to pick another random selection.

It's a good idea. But they just ruin it by upping the speed of the gameplay. So everyone just buys the fastest players regardless of skill, and then it just sucks. Every game is just complete pace abuse, and it's boring. Give me Seasons mode any day.

I play passing football and it works so well on UT. Normally I have about 70% of possession each match. My opponents always get so impatient and do something stupid which allows me to score. I occasionally score some goals by abusing pace but that is only if I see the perfect opportunity. I still prefer seasons and career though.

Two words:

Random Select.

In this mode, the user can pick up to either four clubs/nations or one region/league. Once selected, the computer picks a random selection of players from the teams or region for the player's squad. The lineup is selected automatically, although players can choose to let the computer to pick another random selection.

I like the sound of this, for playing against mates.  Has it been confirmed?

I agree with this, plus, having to keep buying contracts annoys the life out of me. I'm 29. I see ultimate team as more of a kids game mode. 

Ultimate team is what stops me from completing Fifa with 100% trophies. I'm on 95% completed on Fifa 13 but I really can't be bothered to get my ultimate team to 85 million in value. I'm at about 60 million and can't be bothered to keep playing it. 

Â