FIFA 14

hogso

""All I really want from Fifa is ranked 2v2 mode!!! Really can't understand why they havent included it. It seems stupid that you and your friend cant play together on the same team against two others in a ranked mode. There must be a huge demand for it.""

This would be great!

• Like 1

How does Ranked work on FIFA than? Just 1v1 and then do they have the big massive games that are like 10v10, with no in-between?

To be fair, 2v2 is frustrating. I remember when my friend and I tried to play it on FIFA 11 or somewhere around there, it was horrible. Constantly switching off and not knowing if I was going to control the switched defender or if he was. Got even worse on crosses as we both would think we were the defender closest

To be fair, 2v2 is frustrating. I remember when my friend and I tried to play it on FIFA 11 or somewhere around there, it was horrible. Constantly switching off and not knowing if I was going to control the switched defender or if he was. Got even worse on crosses as we both would think we were the defender closest

On the older versions of fifa, that had it.... seemed to be fun, unless you were playing with a noob.

Edited by Daniel1Avfc

2v2 is excellent when you get an understanding with your buddy on how to play. You can score some awesome goals too cos more players are moved out of position. If you're playing with someone who's on a completely different wavelength to you then it's horrendous. I dislike pro club, find it a bit boring as you only control 1 player. 

Not going to buy it. FIFA 13 has been a dissapointment when it comes to playing online.
And I don't see why FIFA 14 will be any better. Wont waste my time on it, as I've allready wasted way to much on FIFA 13.
Whether I win or not feels random, it's like a roll of a dice.

Some reasons why I think it's been dissapointing.(Not sure if people agree)

- Lag

- Completely random refeering: You can win a penalty when your opponent tackles the ball, while you wont even get a freekick    when he tackles you in the back in another scenario.
- Horrible first touches from world class players.

- Players crashing into eachother all the time.
- Your own teammates making runs into the same channel you're making a run in when you got the ball, tripping you over,     instead of stretching the defence and creating space.
- your own teamates blocking your shots.
- No defencive presense in midfield.
- Defence pushing high up the pitch even when you got on ultra defensive.

- Speed is the only thing that matters.

- Defenders can't mark, you have to do it manually.
- Players can be knocked off balance so easy at times, while at other times they're a immovable object.

- Keeper either decides to be godlike saving everything possible or he decides to be shit and conceed to shots on the nearest  post, or conceed a really weak shot where he could have easly moved and blocked it.
- Speed speed speeed, the importance of speed in FIFA 13 is a **** joke.

I could add more, but these are the things that annoys me the most. Heck, I've won matches due to this where I've otherwise been completley dominated buy the guy I was playing against.

• Like 1

I've filled it out for fun cos I'm bored at work, it asks "If YOU could only add ONE feature to improve FIFA 14, what would you want to add, and why?", and I didn't know what to put, so I put your thing from the last page about goalkeeper kits. Ta.

• Like 1

I could feasibly get down to Guildford for a couple of those shifts, it's only a short train-ride away but seeing as I (and everyone else who buys the game) will be in essence playtesting whatever bug-ridden mess EA pass off as the release version (as always), I might as well wait for that.

If they could add just ONE feature then it has to be the return of creating your own league to play your mates, why this was removed in the first place is baffling!

If they could add just ONE feature then it has to be the return of creating your own league to play your mates, why this was removed in the first place is baffling!

Yeah this one would be good. Could get a VT league on the go. Too much admin to do it manually.

• Like 1

I think they need to work on the finance element of career mode. Playing as Villa and getting into the CL but you still only get 10m to start with as a budget each season is not great on Fifa 13.

Edited by jacketspuds

Not going to buy it. FIFA 13 has been a dissapointment when it comes to playing online.

And I don't see why FIFA 14 will be any better. Wont waste my time on it, as I've allready wasted way to much on FIFA 13.

Whether I win or not feels random, it's like a roll of a dice.

Some reasons why I think it's been dissapointing.(Not sure if people agree)

- Lag

- Completely random refeering: You can win a penalty when your opponent tackles the ball, while you wont even get a freekick    when he tackles you in the back in another scenario.

- Horrible first touches from world class players.

- Players crashing into eachother all the time.

- Your own teammates making runs into the same channel you're making a run in when you got the ball, tripping you over,     instead of stretching the defence and creating space.

- your own teamates blocking your shots.

- No defencive presense in midfield.

- Defence pushing high up the pitch even when you got on ultra defensive.

- Speed is the only thing that matters.

- Defenders can't mark, you have to do it manually.

- Players can be knocked off balance so easy at times, while at other times they're a immovable object.

- Keeper either decides to be godlike saving everything possible or he decides to be shit and conceed to shots on the nearest  post, or conceed a really weak shot where he could have easly moved and blocked it.

- Speed speed speeed, the importance of speed in FIFA 13 is a **** joke.

I could add more, but these are the things that annoys me the most. Heck, I've won matches due to this where I've otherwise been completley dominated buy the guy I was playing against.

Most of them are like real football. Dont see the problem here at all, it happens. Dont know how you can think its random, some teams do better vs others and tactics play a pretty big part in how a game will go IMO.

Fifa 13 is the best Fifa by far and I will be buying the next one. Some of the fouls are annoying when you clearly smash the ball miles away from the player but its if you have touched the player before ball, needs fixing slightly. 

I think they need to work on the finance element of career mode. Playing as Villa and getting into the CL but you still only get 10m to start with as a budget each season is not great on Fifa 13.

That doesn't sound right, I'm sure you get over £20m for a top four finish.  Either way, the finance element definitely doesn't need to be changed.  As I mentioned in the FIFA 13 thread, if you're shrewd then it's quite easy to hoard cash.  I'm 5 seasons into a Villa career, only now about to compete in the CL for the first time and I've still managed to build up a 5-star team and ~£110m in the bank in the interim.

Manager Game and sim about 90% of the matches (except for cup finals/derbies/big games).  I've not the patience for full-blown management sims like FM, so Career Mode is pitched just right for me.

Â