Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I mentioned Cornelius earlier today as someone who I think could play Benteke's role rather well. I'm kicking myself now for forgetting to mention this other Dane (in fact there's 3 or 4 stupidly tall strikers playing in the Danish Superliga right now), Nicklas Helenius of Aalborg.

22 years old. 6'5". He flashes good composure and placement with his finishing and for someone his size seems comfortable dribbling the ball at people.

Some stats:

12/13 - 16 goals and 7 assists in 33 games

11/12 - 14 goals and 8 assists in 32 games

10/11 - 5 goals and 4 assists in 29 games (17 as sub)

OYV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RT-L6UsP2c

Cornelius is the more talented of the two but this guy deserves to get some notice too. He has said in the past he would consider a move to England but would prefer a move to the Bundesliga or Eredivise, "unless a Premier League team showed genuine interest in helping him develop as a footballer." I think that sounds a lot like something we would strive to do.

He's excellent. Let's sell Benteke.

Does he score headers too?

I mentioned Cornelius earlier today as someone who I think could play Benteke's role rather well. I'm kicking myself now for forgetting to mention this other Dane (in fact there's 3 or 4 stupidly tall strikers playing in the Danish Superliga right now), Nicklas Helenius of Aalborg.

22 years old. 6'5". He flashes good composure and placement with his finishing and for someone his size seems comfortable dribbling the ball at people.

Some stats:

12/13 - 16 goals and 7 assists in 33 games

11/12 - 14 goals and 8 assists in 32 games

10/11 - 5 goals and 4 assists in 29 games (17 as sub)

OYV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RT-L6UsP2c

Cornelius is the more talented of the two but this guy deserves to get some notice too. He has said in the past he would consider a move to England but would prefer a move to the Bundesliga or Eredivise, "unless a Premier League team showed genuine interest in helping him develop as a footballer." I think that sounds a lot like something we would strive to do.

He's excellent. Let's sell Benteke.

Does he score headers too?

Helenius looks like Van Persie, but then again some of the opposition looked shocking in that compilation.

A snippet regarding Paul Lambert's transfer philosophy from the Footballer's Football Show:

David Jones: Are you anticipating a busy summer, not just in terms of trying to keep hold of the ones you do want to keep hold of, but also bringing in some more bodies to help your boys whilst also reducing your wage bill no doubt?

Paul Lambert: That's probably it in a nutshell really. You have to try to improve on what you have each year. It'll still be hard. But we'll still get the ones in who'll actually play for that shirt and play for the club.

DJ: Will those be experienced ones or will you carry on with your way....

PL: No we'll stick to our philosophies and beliefs. I wont change from it. I think when people keep on saying about getting experienced players and experienced players - as soon as you go to an experienced player the first thing they'll say is "Ok. How much?"

So you think right away "I'm not sure he's going to come here to play for this club". I don't want players like that. I want players that want to go and compete, have a right good career for themselves plus play for the shirt.

• Like 1

A snippet regarding Paul Lambert's transfer philosophy from the Footballer's Football Show:

David Jones: Are you anticipating a busy summer, not just in terms of trying to keep hold of the ones you do want to keep hold of, but also bringing in some more bodies to help your boys whilst also reducing your wage bill no doubt?

Paul Lambert: That's probably it in a nutshell really. You have to try to improve on what you have each year. It'll still be hard. But we'll still get the ones in who'll actually play for that shirt and play for the club.

DJ: Will those be experienced ones or will you carry on with your way....

PL: No we'll stick to our philosophies and beliefs. I wont change from it. I think when people keep on saying about getting experienced players and experienced players - as soon as you go to an experienced player the first thing they'll say is "Ok. How much?"

So you think right away "I'm not sure he's going to come here to play for this club". I don't want players like that. I want players that want to go and compete, have a right good career for themselves plus play for the shirt.

Looks like the end for Ireland then  ;)

Carroll is a **** donkey who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. Would be a terrible replacement. 

Players like Carroll are the reason why England are a laughing stock at International level & will be lucky to make Brazil 2014. He fits in nicely with Big sam's dinosaur footballing philosophies but let's be honest apart from his very limited airial threat the guy is an absolute donkey. He has no pace, very poor ball control & technique, is sluggish, doesn't go past anyone & offers little.

I am truly amazed that Liverpool paid £35M for his limited services. Just what on earth  was Dalglish thinking? No wonder he ended up getting the sack!

Andy Carroll? I'd rather have a Xmas Carol! :D

• Like 1

I'd like to see us go after Matej Vydra from Udinese. Scored 20 goals on loan at Watford this season. Only have one year left of his contract and find himself in the pecking order behind Muriel & De Natale at his club. Shouldn't cost a lot. Maybe £4m or so?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/championship-player-year-award-goes-1783340

Edited by K-Carlsen
  • Like 1

Carroll is a **** donkey who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. Would be a terrible replacement.

Players like Carroll are the reason why England are a laughing stock at International level & will be lucky to make Brazil 2014. He fits in nicely with Big sam's dinosaur footballing philosophies but let's be honest apart from his very limited airial threat the guy is an absolute donkey. He has no pace, very poor ball control & technique, is sluggish, doesn't go past anyone & offers little.

I am truly amazed that Liverpool paid £35M for his limited services. Just what on earth was Dalglish thinking? No wonder he ended up getting the sack!

Andy Carroll? I'd rather have a Xmas Carol! :D

Carroll actually has very good technique (see the volley he scored against the albion). He's not as skilful as Benteke, but he is actually pretty adept at playing with the ball to his feet and has a very good shot on him. Having him on the pitch encourages teams to play long ball, as it does with Benteke at times. It's always going to, when you have that option there, but for me that is not what Andy Carroll is all about.

I agree that the £35m paid for him was ridiculous and would hope our scouts/ lambert can find a much cheaper option about.

Carroll Would probably cost less than half of the 35m Liverpool paid and i agree with the post above that he does have a good touch for a big man and has played well when fit at West Ham. But thats the main worry for me his fitness now and also what he does while not on the football pitch.

Deeney is a small heath fan dont think he be that welcome here after McLeish fiasco.

bit of a scumbag as well done worse than Bannan and people wanted him out of club because of his drink driving incident

• Like 1