Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Zero chance of Bony, very similar to Benteke this season, has had an absolutely explosive season. We missed the bus on him and then signed Benteke instead. Which is fine, infact it is incredibly encouraging to know that we were after both of them.

It's clear that that type of player (in terms of style of play, potential value of the player etc) is crucial to Lamberts system, as such I wouldnt expect us to sign Aubameyang (who also had a similar season to Benteke/Bony in terms of impact at Saint Etienne) as a replacement, I agree if we were to sign him it would be to play in Weimann/Gabbys role.

Presuming the links last summer to Aubameyang and Bony were real + us actually signing Benteke, that is 3 strikers who have all had superb seasons after being relatively unknown by mainstream footie fans a year or 2 ago. If Benteke leaves just have to trust Lambert to do it a 4th time.

PL saw all players individually Mon/Tues and Bannan,Given,Dunne,and Ireland told they can leave.

Source?

Not just those four I suspect will be leaving or told they can go.

I agree without fundamentally changing the system you would need someone who is good in the air, can hold up the ball, but tricky enough to beat a defender.

First person that came to mind was Andreas Cornelius from FC Copenhagen. Would take a fair bit to convince him to join when we're not in Europe though. I'll have to check my notes later for others.

He looks good!

Definitely worth a look in the Danish league, quite a few players have come over from their in the past and settled well. Jores Okore looked good in both games against Chelsea as a CB and don't think he would cost the earth either

Definitely worth a look in the Danish league, quite a few players have come over from their in the past and settled well. Jores Okore looked good in both games against Chelsea as a CB and don't think he would cost the earth either

We seem to have a good history with Scandanavians - they do seem to settle into the club well.

Great buy on FM. Which means he must be good... ;)

Not even sure if this player is currently available or even looking for a move but every time I watch Crystal Palace on the box & the commentator is drooling over Wilfred Zaha I find it is Yannick Bolasie who looks the more talented player. Palace signed him on the cheap from Bristol City & he has also done the rounds in the lower leagues with Plymouth.

Looks a really exciting talent to me. Anybody know anything about him?

We seem to have a good history with Scandanavians - they do seem to settle into the club well.

similar football culture. you know what you get from them and rarely they only fail when not good enough not for reasons like settling in

Great buy on FM. Which means he must be good... ;)

Ha, never played FM but if he's good on that it must be true ;)

Just remember the games against Chelsea and even though his team got battered, he stood out and looked good

Not even sure if this player is currently available or even looking for a move but every time I watch Crystal Palace on the box & the commentator is drooling over Wilfred Zaha I find it is Yannick Bolasie who looks the more talented player. Palace signed him on the cheap from Bristol City & he has also done the rounds in the lower leagues with Plymouth.

Agreed, impressed when I saw him against Brighton.. Changed the whole game.

Liam Bridcutt as well.

Agree, always thought he looked the better player of him and Zaha. He's from DR Congo like Benteke, maybe they'll be the new pool of fresh African talent.

How much do people reckon we will spend, considering last yr was reported around £20m even though Lambert has recently downplayed the fees...

I'm thinking we'll get around £12-15m selling the likes of Bent, Bannan, delfouneso, albrighton, given, Ireland (god knows who'll take him) and nzog. And hopefully that would all be put back for transfers. Add to RL putting up another £10m? So realistically having another reported £22-25m to spend? (obviously far more IF Benteke sold, but then I still wouldn't expect to spend all his transfer fee this yr window)

I think the budget will be approx. £20m again. I don't see any reason for that to immediately change.I think extra cash generated through sales may be set aside to dip in to the market again in January.

I think the budget will be approx. £20m again. I don't see any reason for that to immediately change.I think extra cash generated through sales may be set aside to dip in to the market again in January.

Wes? Would be interested to see what your usual thorough research reveals about Yannick Balasie?