Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

More excited about this:

Marley the Bognor Villan%

Why would they string us along? I'd say it's just as likely to be telling us they've lowered their asking price, and trying to start a bidding war.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

at least our bench will have a bit of depth!

This is where i felt we were weak last season as well.

We had no one that good to bring off the bench.

We had so many games that were screaming for a change, but we had really no one on the bench that could affect a match in a substantial way. I believe that is changing.

hes almost signed and we didnt even have a thread running for the poor lad.

It was created and immediately closed last night because the only concrete link at the time was traced back to a Villa fan's tweet. Seems he actually did have information from the club.

remember who?

More excited about this:

Marley the Bognor Villan%

Why would they string us along? I'd say it's just as likely to be telling us they've lowered their asking price, and trying to start a bidding war.

if 5 clubs have already bid then why would you come out and declare that you were accepting lower offers? unless of course there hasnt been 5 bids or the bids they've already received are ones from clubs the player has no interest in joining...

think its coutinho all over again personally

he'll end up and spurs / arsenal and always be someone who was "close" to joining villa when in reality his agent just used us as bait to bring in interest from the big boys, i bet wenger saw the quotes and thought "well if he's willing to play for villa then i bet he'd love it here"

hes almost signed and we didnt even have a thread running for the poor lad.

It was created and immediately closed last night because the only concrete link at the time was traced back to a Villa fan's tweet. Seems he actually did have information from the club.

remember who?

@con_villa or something like that

Is this the most exciting Villa pre-season ever? I remember when Big Ron took over from Dr No & players were coming in & out of Villa Park like a revolving door. At the moment you take your eyes of VT for just a few moments & wham, bam somethings happening man. All amazing stuff.

Don't go anywhere people!

I suppose my one concern about all this is that, whilst we seen to have all but signed 4 players, none of them are necessarily going to improve the first XI. Obviously it's only the middle of June, but we need one or two to come straight in and make a difference - especially in defence.

I suppose my one concern about all this is that, whilst we seen to have all but signed 4 players, none of them are necessarily going to improve the first XI. Obviously it's only the middle of June, but we need one or two to come straight in and make a difference - especially in defence.

Hopefully one or two can do a Westwood or Benteke but I do agree.

I think the way you have to look at it, these players will want to fight and improve there own careers, and they will provide competition, If you think at how much our experienced pro's offered for us last year you would say it was minimal.

Yeah we're obviously not going to be weaker for all this, but we do need one or two of genuine quality for the first team. Sounds like Okore might be the business but at 20 it's a huge ask for him to step straight into PL football. 

Reports in France that we're in contact with Remi Gomis from Valenciennes, currently a free agent I think.

Can play in midfield or in defence.

Hes a defensive mid.