Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

So funny.

After the fabulous work that lambert has done in the transfer market he has earned the trust to get which players he feels are right for us. If that's spearing then fine by me.

We barely survived. And his signings made up the majority of the worst villa defence I've ever seen.

While I'm excited about who he might find and have confidence that he will make some good signings this summer he certainly hasn't reached a level where his decisions can not or should not be questioned.

Edited by Big_John_10
  • Like 2

Linked with Cresswell and Murphy in the Mirror again tonight. Would be happy with both to be honest.

Heard good things about both of them and they for the mould.

Was it not the price tag that put us off cresswell last time? Can't imagine the price would be cheaper this summer.

If Paul Lambert thinks Jay Spearing is a good fit for our team then i trust him completly. Although he can be over enthusiastic in a tackle, seen him getting sent off for Liverpool a few times for really rash and stupid tackles.

I think Skrtel would fit in well with Vlaar. And he could borrow one of Vlaars vowels for his name

The day we sign a Pokemon is the day I stop supporting Villa.

Haha. You beat me to it. I was going to ask if it was just me that, everytime I heard his name, thought of

Squirtle.gif

• Like 2

Linked with Cresswell and Murphy in the Mirror again tonight. Would be happy with both to be honest.

Heard good things about both of them and they for the mould.

Was it not the price tag that put us off cresswell last time? Can't imagine the price would be cheaper this summer.

Yes, but now we know that Bennett has his limitations, and that Lambert can normally spot a player, so Randy is probably more likely to go for it.

Spearing won Bolton's POTS so while he's not an all that impressive name, he definitely has something about him. Not that I'd want us to sign him, but these people saying he's shit are wide of the mark. He's obviously not.

A year less on his contract can make a fair difference. The quoted price last year was £6m so a year less and the price is rumoured to have dropped 25%.

In fact he'll be in the last year of his contract so Ipswich will be looking to cash in whilst they still can. I doubt he signs a new deal with them, not after he knows Premier League teams are after him.

£4.5m may still be too steep for us. Unless it's divided in to clauses and such.

Would rather have Delph Westwood Sylla Gardner, and possibly even Holman Bannan and El-Ahmadi in the team ahead of Spearing. I think the numbers in central midfield are already crowded. This is the area where any signings would have to be good enough to go straight into the side and improve us.

Centre back, left back and reserve goalkeeper must be higher priority at the moment.

Anyone else notice the following line in the Daily Mail N'Zogbia story from Simon Jones?"Aston Villa will have to finance rebuilding from within".That would (if it is correct) suggest that we will be going down the "sell to buy" route as we did in the last transfer window rather than backing the manager with something decent on top of the fees that come in and the wage savings that departures from the club produce.

It also heavily assumes Simon Jones knows his arse from his elbow when it comes to the internal workings of Villa this close-season.
For the first time in a long time I'm okay with the sell to buy phraseology.

Sell the likes of Ireland, Bent, Given et al and bring in more Lowton, Benteke and Westwood types.

This. We need to get rid of the dead wood and bring in players who are hungry and want to, in Lambert's words "play for the shirt". Edited by roonst83