Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Won't be this chap. Why wouldn't Lambert just bring him in early with the other six. He won't be hard to buy. He had other targets? But we have not much to spend. I think he has 5 million left.

What a ridiculous statement. Maybe he wasn't available then? Or Sochaux demanded a big fee as he's one of their best players, so Villa looked elsewhere, couldn't find anyone who was good enough value for money and came back. Also, how do you know he wouldn't be hard to buy? And just because he isn't hard to buy, why does that mean we had to get him in early or it won't happen?

My view of this is that Lambert got in signings early for problem areas he had already identified, and was happy with that. He looked around put a few enquiries in here and there to see if he could get any good players on the cheap, and couldn't find anyone. First few games pass, and Lambert identifies another hole in the squad, IMO midfield creativity. He then goes back to his shortlist of players, picks out players he thinks will rectify this, and tells Faulkner to get player x, which may be a player he's already looked at, or maybe hadn't thought about at the time of the other signings.

I don't know about this Boudebouz story though, it's intriguing that he was completely left out of the Sochaux squad, but it doesn't necessarily mean we're after him. Excited to see who this "signing" turns out to be, if it's true.

The club and player have gone on record about his leaving. They wont stand in his way. So this tells me he wont need a few months to sort out a 2.5 million fee. Meaning hes a back up for another signing or we are not after him at all.

Problem is, I don't think we will see Ireland, Hutton, and Given off the wage bill.

Looking that way, which will make next summer the summer when we finally aren't paying Ireland, Hutton has a longer contract and Given is under contract for another 4 years? or 3?

Problem is, I don't think we will see Ireland, Hutton, and Given off the wage bill.

Looking that way, which will make next summer the summer when we finally aren't paying Ireland, Hutton has a longer contract and Given is under contract for another 4 years? or 3?

Don't make me cry!

Still think what we need is not so much an ACM as an playmaker to dictate the tempo and distrubute the ball, or failing that an DCM to protect the back when Luna and Lowton goes bombing up the flanks.

Hopefully Boudebouz fits in the playmaker role, we are still very much an counter attacking team.

The possession % against Rotherham was 48-52 in their favour and 2 of the goals were counter attacks, The 3rd was a beauty thou

Not sure if anybody has mentioned it yet but I think we need an AM or attacking type of player of some description.

I also have no idea if we will sign anybody before the close of the window.

Just thought I'd throw that out there...

• Like 1

The possession % against Rotherham was 48-52 in their favour

I think it is just the BBC that reported those possession stats. I watched and no way did Rotherham have more possession then us. I agree with the point you are trying to make though.

The possession % against Rotherham was 48-52 in their favour

I think it is just the BBC that reported those possession stats. I watched and no way did Rotherham have more possession then us. I agree with the point you are trying to make though.

Yeah might be so, just took the stats from a random site, but just checked on the official Capitol One site and they have it down to 48-52% as well...http://www.capitalonecup.co.uk/fixtures-results/fixtures-list/