Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Ryad Boudebouz has been left out of the Sochaux squad this weekend. Whether this is transfer related is unknown.

Yeah, and it was supposedly been worked on for a while if we are to believe hodgson(?). 

Makes sense, but it might be coincidental. Would fit the price range, as he is not a 10+ million player. 

Express article says Inter were interested at £2.5m.

2 in before Close #standbyit

Given gone #avfc #lfc

Although I don't think this guy has got anything right so far but hopefully on this occasion he does.

He now saying we were offered Ki from Swansea but Lambert turned it down cus it was a loan deal and we are after permanent deals. Reckons Ki is going to Sunderland now instead.

Edited by Bunnski
  • Like 1

No one loves wingers more than me.... But we need a central player with quick feet to unlock doors.

Wouldn't read into the press calling him a winger too much to be honest, Bacuna was labeled the same way by the papers here.

Boudebouz makes sense and if he has been removed from the squad for the weekend I'd assume we could very well be signing him, he is their best player, it would be like us removing Benteke from our squad all of a sudden.

I never bothered looking at the Boudebouz rumours first time around but checking him out now and it looks plausible. Can play wing and attacking mid, can take set pieces, dribble and shoot. Has been linked with decent clubs like Inter and Liverpool as well. 

Won't be this chap. Why wouldn't Lambert just bring him in early with the other six. He won't be hard to buy. He had other targets? But we have not much to spend. I think he has 5 million left.

Bizarre that some think we dont have room for an AM.

Westwood   Delph

Weimann      AM           Gabby

Benteke

Would work really well imo against teams 9th-20th where we could be controlling the game.

Sylla     

Westwood  Delph

Weimann                Gabby

Benteke

If we are going to be dominated and under the cosh a lot, like against the top 6 teams or a team like Swansea. Or swap Sylla for KEA like we hve done recently, where he's been performing a lot better than I thought he was capable of.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Won't be this chap. Why wouldn't Lambert just bring him in early with the other six. He won't be hard to buy. He had other targets? But we have not much to spend. I think he has 5 million left.

What a ridiculous statement. Maybe he wasn't available then? Or Sochaux demanded a big fee as he's one of their best players, so Villa looked elsewhere, couldn't find anyone who was good enough value for money and came back. Also, how do you know he wouldn't be hard to buy? And just because he isn't hard to buy, why does that mean we had to get him in early or it won't happen?

My view of this is that Lambert got in signings early for problem areas he had already identified, and was happy with that. He looked around put a few enquiries in here and there to see if he could get any good players on the cheap, and couldn't find anyone. First few games pass, and Lambert identifies another hole in the squad, IMO midfield creativity. He then goes back to his shortlist of players, picks out players he thinks will rectify this, and tells Faulkner to get player x, which may be a player he's already looked at, or maybe hadn't thought about at the time of the other signings.

I don't know about this Boudebouz story though, it's intriguing that he was completely left out of the Sochaux squad, but it doesn't necessarily mean we're after him. Excited to see who this "signing" turns out to be, if it's true.