Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Moses is a good player but we've got enough players with pace and power, it's a bit of guile were missing at the moment.

I still think 4-3-3 is our strongest position but if we could fine someone who has a bit of creativity who can cover AM as well as the wide forward position and wouldn't mind sitting on the bench for most games then that would be ideal. Saying that, maybe that's what Tonev is lined up for ?

Now Moses is someone I feel is overrated, no idea what people see in him

I think it's just people have been pinching Wigan's wingers ever since Utd signed Valencia hoping they're just as good. We did it with CNZ. Wigan's best players over the last 4-5 years have all been wingers/strikers, and there has always been a bit of a media hype around the players too which make people who don't really watch the games think they are in fact quite good.

Well I wouldn't say CNZ is a proper winger. That has been the problem for him at Villa. He was bought by TSM to replace Young and he is a different player than him. And hasn't settled in/been fancied by the managers ever since.

Moses is a good player but we've got enough players with pace and power, it's a bit of guile were missing at the moment.

I still think 4-3-3 is our strongest position but if we could fine someone who has a bit of creativity who can cover AM as well as the wide forward position and wouldn't mind sitting on the bench for most games then that would be ideal. Saying that, maybe that's what Tonev is lined up for ?

Tonev would be good, once he'd learned to hold and pass. Atm he wants desperately to prove himself.

Are people serious with the talk of Moses? Sign a player from a Champions League team who is not getting games and is on a big contract, rumored to be on £50k a week a Chelsea. Where does this sound familiar? Lambert has not bought one player from another Premier League team, I'd also argue none of his signings were on any more than £15k a week. If Lambert signs anyone it'll more than likely be someone none of us have heard of, it's obvious he has been given the nod to get in a decent attack midfielder with the inquiry for Kiyotake. If we get anyone in expect them to be young, hungry & very raw.

If will Hughes is going for £6 mil we should be seriously looking into that. Didn't really want him earlier in the summer because I thought being English and highly rated he would be overpriced but anything under £7 mil is a bargain imo.

I heard it was £10m now? probably all just BS.

Just checking now and the £6m figure came from the Metro. More reliable outlets like the Independent are quoting £10m which sounds more realistic.

If will Hughes is going for £6 mil we should be seriously looking into that. Didn't really want him earlier in the summer because I thought being English and highly rated he would be overpriced but anything under £7 mil is a bargain imo.

I was thinking this. He'll be going for more than £6m though, at least, Nigel Clough said they hadn't put a figure on it yet. £10m is more realistic, and a lot of money considering the jump up could mean he may not instantly perform in the Premier League. He's not a physical player so he will take time to adjust.

Are people serious with the talk of Moses? Sign a player from a Champions League team who is not getting games and is on a big contract, rumored to be on £50k a week a Chelsea. Where does this sound familiar? Lambert has not bought one player from another Premier League team, I'd also argue none of his signings were on any more than £15k a week. If Lambert signs anyone it'll more than likely be someone none of us have heard of, it's obvious he has been given the nod to get in a decent attack midfielder with the inquiry for Kiyotake. If we get anyone in expect them to be young, hungry & very raw.

To be fair a loan deal is not out the question.

Transfer wise it's a no go.

I doubt it will happen anyway.

Surely there must be a lot more money available for Lambert to spend? We've spent about £10m so far which is peanuts, teams like West Ham and Swansea are spending more than that on one player these days. It worries me that we've had to trawl the Danish and Dutch leagues for bargain basement signings like Bacuna and Helenius. Splash the cash please Randy!