Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I think it's a bit funny that people seem to think that we need a an AM and then we'll be set. Isn't our defence still our weakest link?

For me we need a strong defensive midfielder if we want to stop leaking goals. We've sorted out the CB positions with Baker's improvement and the purchase of Okore. We've hopefully sorted out the LB position with Luna but we need more steel in the midfield.

I'm not so sure we really need an attacking midfielder that much. It would be more of a luxury purchase for me.

• Like 1

IF we shift at least half of the Bomb Squad then we'll see 2 more additions until then we'll see no more signings...the frustrating thing now for us Villa fans is shifting the dead wood so at the mo i'm not looking at who sign with anticipation every day its who we sell.

Well if Hutton goes like they say he is and Bent goes early this week thats nearly 100k off the wage bill and some fee for Bent (5m probably)

All thats left is to ship Bannan, Ireland, Given and Zog.

I can see Bannan going to a championship club as well as Given. I don't think we'll shift Ireland & Zog this window. 

However if all goes to plan Bannan,Given,Bent & Hutton gone would free up 170k wages? Meaning we could probably bring in an AM and another defender. 

Well if Hutton goes like they say he is and Bent goes early this week thats nearly 100k off the wage bill and some fee for Bent (5m probably)

I can see Bannan going to a championship club as well as Given. I don't think we'll shift Ireland & Zog this window. 

However if all goes to plan Bannan,Given,Bent & Hutton gone would free up 170k wages? Meaning we could probably bring in an AM and another defender. 

I still think Zog has some part to play though and hope he does for us

Is Zog actually in the bomb squad or simply part of the first team squad, albeit not usually in the starting 11?

Is Zog actually in the bomb squad or simply part of the first team squad, albeit not usually in the starting 11?

I don't think he is in the bomb squad

Hope Zog can play a full role for us this season.

He suffered because he is seen at times as a luxury player, but for all the talk of needing an AM - Zog can do that job once we have a settled team and play different formations.

Hopefully having Helenius and Tonev will mean we can actually play a different way when we need to and a way that suits Zog.

Sticking him in a 3 man attack doesn't really work, although he did ok at times.

oh and he was never close to being in the bomb squad.

Edited by VillanousOne

i thought his problem was we didnt stick him in the 3 man attack, we stuck him in the middle 3 and his link up play was nowhere near as good delph / westwood

i still think that his link up play with benteke will see him given a chance next season, they look like they can bounce off each other

Things are so positive atm.  The squad that Lambert has now is HIS squad he had segregated the players he doesn't want so we are not having to make do with players we dont want or like  just like we have been used to over the last 2-3 seasons, exciting times for us ahead

Given is already gone on loan. Really we are just looking to offload Hutton, Bent, Bannan, Ireland.

I think some of the Given wages went to Benteke, so lets assume the other four are on 200k a week between them (Bent 80, Bannan 20, Hutton 40, Ireland 60) then that is room for two big signings under our wage budget.