Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Given is already gone on loan. Really we are just looking to offload Hutton, Bent, Bannan, Ireland.

I think some of the Given wages went to Benteke, so lets assume the other four are on 200k a week between them (Bent 80, Bannan 20, Hutton 40, Ireland 60) then that is room for two big signings under our wage budget.

Its just frustrating we've got to wait for these wasters to do one (Bent excused to an extent) before we have strengthen further :angry:

Dont know why people think we need to sign a right back. Herd has always looked good in that position to me and hes got a great leap on him for winning headers from corners for and against us. Dunno if Lambert sees him as a right back though due to him playing him at centre back in a few friendlies

• Like 2

Given is already gone on loan. Really we are just looking to offload Hutton, Bent, Bannan, Ireland.

I think some of the Given wages went to Benteke, so lets assume the other four are on 200k a week between them (Bent 80, Bannan 20, Hutton 40, Ireland 60) then that is room for two big signings under our wage budget.

Has given's move ever been confirmed? Just did a very brief search and daily mail, sai it could go through.. No official comments from either team.

チームは2連休。 しかし、俺は今日も練習… いってきます!!

from Kiyotake's twitter account, retweeted by Julie B.

translated to mean:

Team two consecutive holidays.
However, I practice today ...
I'm leaving. ! !

So she thinks that him saying "i'm leaving" means he's leaving FCN. I personally took it as "I've done my practice for today and now i'm going home"

translated to mean:

I'm leaving. ! !

So she thinks that him saying "i'm leaving" means he's leaving FCN. I personally took it as "I've done my practice for today and now i'm going home"

I think it's actually "Two weeks holiday but I'm back at training today"

Roughly.

No, wait I think my original post of a long weekend might have been right.

Regardless, I'm pretty certain he's saying he's going back to work today.

Edited by juteface

translated to mean:

I'm leaving. ! !

Roughly.

Is that your personal translation of it?  I assume that its more accurate than Google Translate, which never gets it right.

translated to mean:

I'm leaving. ! !

Roughly.

Thanks for having a look at it Jute.

What does the "I'm leaving" bit mean do you think? 

I think it might mean that he's no longer on the aforementioned break/long weekend, perhaps? I'm clueless with Japanese, but I assume that it's structured very differently in terms of syntax etc, so a direct translation of something as simple as saying you're finished your holiday/break could come up looking like you're saying you're leaving, as in leaving the break. Maybe?

Dont know why people think we need to sign a right back. Herd has always looked good in that position to me and hes got a great leap on him for winning headers from corners for and against us. Dunno if Lambert sees him as a right back though due to him playing him at centre back in a few friendlies

i see this said a lot, but from memory he only ever played there a couple of times at most. and only once within any great authority against a god awful dogheads side

Edited by Ulver

translated to mean:

I'm leaving. ! !

Roughly.

Thanks for having a look at it Jute.

いってきます is ittekimasu which directly translates as "I'm leaving" but it's more of an "I'm off, see ye in a while" kind of thing.

"I'm off to the shops." would be something similar.

Edited by juteface

Kiyotake played on Saturday though?  Back to work today?

Nope, according to http://www.fcn.de/en/ he got back on the 18th and played his first game today.

What it all boils down to is poor translation and he's basically tweeted, "After a little break I'm back at work"

JulieB is disputing it with me on twitter at the minute, she's really clinging on to it.

Edited by juteface

translated to mean:

I'm leaving. ! !

Roughly.

Renkyuu is used to mean days' consecutive holiday, so he's basically said something like "the team has a two day break, but I'm training today as well... laters"

• Like 1

Kiyotake played on Saturday though?  Back to work today?

Nope, according to http://www.fcn.de/en/ he got back on the 18th and played his first game today.

What it all boils down to is poor translation and he's basically tweeted, "After a little break I'm back at work"

JulieB is disputing it with me on twitter at the minute, she's really clinging on to it.

Just checked and the game was on the 20th, so it was Saturday.