Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I wish we'd hurry up and sign Kiyotake so I don't have to keep a constant eye on Villa News Now...

Imagine Kiyotake playing precision through balls for Benteke to smash home, over and over again?

Gives me a semi just thinking about it  :mrgreen:

• Like 2

I'm not sure we really need to sign anyone else. I think people are forgetting the biggest mistake we made last season was letting go of leads in the second half of games. We would have finished 6th if games finished on 45minutes. (http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,12038_8615420,00.html)

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a new number 10, world cup bound, creative play maker join the club (cough Japanese.. cough Bundesliga experience..) but our team from last season did enough in the goal scoring department. Our issues were in conposure and defense. I think this can easily be achieved on the training ground and by having a group of players together as a unit for a full preseason, as well as also having strong options to change to in the second halves of games, should be start to fall behind or come under pressure. 

If we were told Villa would sign 6 players all under 23 (?) by this point at the end of the season, I would be over the moon! (and am!) We're all a bit guilty of thinking running a real club is just like playing football manager haha

i can see what you are saying but an extra couple of players could make a real difference to where we end up in the league. We haven't dramatically changed the first XI with our signings just really improved the depth in our squad aside from probably Okore.

You can argue, the kids have a season more under their belt and possibly, as you say, more defensive training but an AM and another defensive player could be the difference of a number of places in the league. For me tightening up more defensively and a bit more craft in the bigger games or variation can make a world of difference

• Like 2

I think Will Hughes would be the perfect sigining for us (sticking my neck out) probably over Kiyotake

I'd be happy with either. I think the ACM role is vital for us to fill in this window. Personally I can see 2 more players coming in. A RB and an attacking midfielder.

• Like 1

I think Will Hughes would be the perfect sigining for us (sticking my neck out) probably over Kiyotake

I'd be happy with either. I think the ACM role is vital for us to fill in this window. Personally I can see 2 more players coming in. A RB and an attacking midfielder.

Agreed

The only thing stopping Benteke having another blinding season again is himself because he really has got everything in his locker. I just hope he doesnt suddenly think he's "made it" ( ala Stephen Ireland after his 1 good season ) now he's got a nice contract and takes his foot off the gas but I don't think that will be the case

The only thing stopping Benteke having another blinding season again is himself because he really has got everything in his locker. I just hope he doesnt suddenly think he's "made it" ( ala Stephen Ireland after his 1 good season ) now he's got a nice contract and takes his foot off the gas but I don't think that will be the case

I think Lambert just needs to say "Four words: Warnock, Hutton, Bent and Ireland". :D

I think Lambert just needs to say "Four words: Warnock, Hutton, Bent and Ireland". :D

AKA The Bomb Squad

Could do with a few old heads at the back. You can afford to be naive up front, but not in defence.

I do think we'll have to wait until Given, Bent, Ireland and N'Zogbia are off the wage bill, and that doesn't look likely for the time being.

Given and Bent have deals in the offing it would seem. Hutton is also on the way out to Spain by the look of it. Ireland and Zog look a bit trickier, especially as Zog is crocked.

Its a world cup year and he is in competition with Lukaku for the Belgian squad so I think he will be trying hard this season. Also, he will want to put himself in the shop window to save the embarrasment of zero offers coming in next time he hands in a transfer request.

Could do with a few old heads at the back. You can afford to be naive up front, but not in defence.

I do think we'll have to wait until Given, Bent, Ireland and N'Zogbia are off the wage bill, and that doesn't look likely for the time being.

Given and Bent have deals in the offing it would seem. Hutton is also on the way out to Spain by the look of it. Ireland and Zog look a bit trickier, especially as Zog is crocked.

Zog is worth keeping imo. I reckon if Bent does go, though, to either Fulham or Newcastle, then Lambert will make his move.

Hopefully kiyotake?