Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Lets look at the economics, drunk now so maybe not...we have signed players this summer for maybe 11M, last summer it was 20M...

New TV-money...so we expect signings about 30M...but our players have get higher contracts, OK so we sign for 20M

That is Kiyotake here absolutely :)

Lowton , Westwood , Clark = Dunne wages .. ^_^

+ If we shifted Bent , Ireland , Given and Hutton ..

Last season we only sold Collins and paid 20m !

• Like 1

Lets look at the economics, drunk now so maybe not...we have signed players this summer for maybe 11M, last summer it was 20M...

New TV-money...so we expect signings about 30M...but our players have get higher contracts, OK so we sign for 20M

That is Kiyotake here absolutely :)

Lowton , Westwood , Clark = Dunne wages .. ^_^

+ If we shifted Bent , Ireland , Given and Hutton ..

Last season we only sold Collins and paid 20m !

You are right but I dont wanna be the positive one on here

Where the blazes are you TheTrees?

At a gig-ears still ringing.

Not sure who I am looking out for, but bear in mind players don't generally arrive in private jets (if you are *only* earning 20 grand a week, you can't afford to use them).

Quite possible that someone came in on a scheduled airline though.

On a separate note, I notice that James Milner's old house has gone up for sale this week.

It wasn't on the market after he left, and I thought that it went to another player, but I don't know which one. Somebody's leaving though...

So a chap on twitter thinks Kiyotake has flown into BHX

Kiyotake flew into bhx earlier apparently ?!!!!#AVFC

When asked where he got his info:

Seanavilla @vtid1973

@KjParton gotta good friend(avfc fan) works there

SO! Who is it that works at the airport who posts on here? Is it TheTrees or am i totally wrong?

Almost certainly fake, but sod it. I AM ON THE HYPE TRAIN!

An AM would be nice, and I feel another is important, as an injury to westwood, or sylla, would really screw us in the midfield.

For me though, I think we need an experienced CB. Lescott would me nice. Im confident in our goal scoring threat, less so when it comes to our defence. Still not sold on Vlaar, Clarke or Baker 100%, and Okore though looking a hell of a prospect, is PL untested.

Agree I would like another CB, we are still struggling from set-pieces from the sounds of pre-season. Still think we need a real captain, would love a really good centre back who could also come in as captain. Aside from that we need AM.

We have Okore, Baker and Vlaar which I think will do well this season. Since Clark proved he is not a CB, I think we could use another as well. I'd prefer a veteran type like Vlaar. Last season we learned that if you rely on inexperienced players, there will be goals conceded. Okore will probably be a great CB soon, but I don't want to throw him into the fire. 

After random people calling Bacuna and Luna on Twitter, I won't call B.S just yet.

I have a feeling Newcastle will get Bent, something which could be well underway now (maybe allowing Lambert to pick up his last target or two).

Let's see ey!

Also, may not mean a thing BUT, Kiyotake is back with the Nuremburg squad now and they will be in England on I presume Friday as they play Leeds on Saturday.

Edited by samjp26

An AM would be nice, and I feel another is important, as an injury to westwood, or sylla, would really screw us in the midfield.

For me though, I think we need an experienced CB. Lescott would me nice. Im confident in our goal scoring threat, less so when it comes to our defence. Still not sold on Vlaar, Clarke or Baker 100%, and Okore though looking a hell of a prospect, is PL untested.

These views echo my own 100%

The only thing I'd add is that Lambert seems intent on building a young side & consequently continues to sign young players.

I obviously support Lambert in whatever decision he makes but would just ask if these lads would benefit from a couple of old experienced heads? -Certainly in the centre of defence & possibly in midfield.

I think you can forget the experienced type.

I agree.

As a consequence,I think we will still ship soft goals next season.

The positive is that the defence has had a years experience behind it,has a better more stable midfield in front of it (compared to who played there during the nightmare run through December) & we've added 2 players who are hopefully going to be an improvement on last year.A big responsibility rests with Vlarr and he needs to have learnt from his mistakes of last year.