Newspaper of choice?

Avfc96

The Metro is absolute pap, but I understand they have to appeal to a wider audience and in bite size format. It's obsolete by 10am.

Aren't all of them? Regardless of how well written or insightful they may be, they're always reporting yesterday's news, and almost every story has significant updates available online before you've even bought the thing.

The Metro is absolute pap, but I understand they have to appeal to a wider audience and in bite size format. It's obsolete by 10am.

Aren't all of them? Regardless of how well written or insightful they may be, they're always reporting yesterday's news, and almost every story has significant updates available online before you've even bought the thing.

With the Metro I mean literally. Nobody picks one up and thinks "oh, I'll read this at lunch time", or "there might be an interesting article in here I can read at home tonight".

When I get a paper it will be the sun, keeps me up to date with the sport, and any major news. I don't particularly care about foreign affairs or what the stock market is like in Asia.

Really don't give two tosses if someone looks down on me for buying the sun, it's still a better paper than its equivalent the mirror.

When I get a paper it will be the sun, keeps me up to date with the sport, and any major news. I don't particularly care about foreign affairs or what the stock market is like in Asia.

Really don't give two tosses if someone looks down on me for buying the sun, it's still a better paper than its equivalent the mirror.

Surely the Internet does all that already? The only reason I can see for buying a newspaper these days is to be entertained or intrigued. In what way, shape or form is the Sun "entertainment"?

When I get a paper it will be the sun, keeps me up to date with the sport, and any major news. I don't particularly care about foreign affairs or what the stock market is like in Asia.Really don't give two tosses if someone looks down on me for buying the sun, it's still a better paper than its equivalent the mirror.

Surely the Internet does all that already? The only reason I can see for buying a newspaper these days is to be entertained or intrigued. In what way, shape or form is the Sun "entertainment"?

I don't buy it religiously because I can just get on the net, I was going to buy a paper then it would either be the sun or the racing post.

Makes me laugh how people that would never buy the sun or read it still seem to be fully clued up about how shit it is.

I read the Daily Mail and i am not a jackboot wearing Nazi as some of our leftish friends would imply .  

So you're a masochist?

We are all Villa fans ?

Indeed, but you read a newspaper whose viewpoint you disagree with. Almost a textbook definition of a masochist.

The Heil is basically a slightly more subversive version of the Sun, with less blatant tits.

I used to buy the Guardian at uni, nowadays I've got the Guardian Anywhere app but very rarely actually read it.

The only paper that comes in our house these days is the Sun, but to be honest I think thats more out of long time habit than anything. I occasionally flick through it, for a laugh. I've always been told that the Sun tends to only pick up top graduates from the likes of Oxford and co, apparently it takes a fair amount of skill and intelligence to write so much bullshit.

I read the Daily Mail and i am not a jackboot wearing Nazi as some of our leftish friends would imply .  

So you're a masochist?

We are all Villa fans ?

Indeed, but you read a newspaper whose viewpoint you disagree with. Almost a textbook definition of a masochist.

I rest my case.

i do browse left over metro in the office too thinking about it, it's not too bad for a flick through the local film / music reviews in fairness considering it's free, but otherwise just a bulletpoint flick through what's going on, but in the adhd riddled world today, that'll do.

Â