Newspaper of choice?

Avfc96

i

its 20p, reads like a red top but doesnt touch all the celebrity bullshit, fills the 30 minutes that i want reading a paper perfectly, also unlike any other paper i think ive ever read it comments on what everyone else is reporting too, for instance the pistorius news, ripped the sun to shreads because of them reporting speculation rather than fact and gave snippets from the guardians leading article

i think its aim is to be concise and IMO it nails it

Stopped buying The Meaning Evil around 1997. Used to have The Sports Argus.

Don't waste my money on papers, they're all full of shit and lies.

I get all I need from radio news and VT off topic :D

If I buy a paper its the times.  

Occasionally I buy the sun for the footy betting tips (I won an accumulator 10 years back with its aid....sad really)

I really do fear for papers, just how long can they be viable?

I really do fear for papers, just how long can they be viable?

there was an article in i about it last week, apparently its really hit and miss, some of them because of apps etc have actually increased their number of readers, the article also talked about magazines and they said that its the celebrity shite mags that are really suffering cos of the net, which im sure no one here will complain about, you'd then assume from that that it'll be the red tops that suffer 1st if people are getting their gossip online, interestingly they said that health magazines such as mens health have seen the biggest increase in sales due to tablets but after the gossip mags it was technology ones that were suffering

Occasionally I buy the sun for the footy betting tips (I won an accumulator 10 years back with its aid....sad really)

One win in ten years and you still buy it?

Funny isnt it.

Won around big from my 1st few bets, and thought id found a foolproof way of making dough.

Its the curse of gambling!

I flick through all the British papers on line.

In Turkey, it's Today's Zaman an English language newspaper that's not written in sickening US/Eng (much)

They lead with headline the other day. Fener[bahce] scores with an overtime penalty. I watched the game and they scored before half-time. They often side with the Kemalist side of things over here, so it's quite funny the scaremongering they create when talking about the Muslim majority.

UK Eng papers are few and far between over here and mostly focus on how Barry and the team did in the North Cyprus darts league.

To answer the question, I rarely buy a newspaper.

But when I do, my first choice would be the guardian, 2nd choice probably The Times.

My Dad gets the Express every day. The front page nearly always winds me up.

Nice Subterranean Homesick Blues style tune about newspapers.  

It's about The Daily Mail, but I think it can apply to The Express too. Except for the fact that it wouldn't rhyme.  
  • Like 1

I used to regularly buy the Indie. I'd hoped that Lebvedev would improve the paper but if anything, in the wake of the Hari debacle, it's got worse.

It's a shame. It used to be the best 'paper by a mile.

Only regularly buy Private Eye now.

If you listen to the Now Show on R4 - you can podcast this weeks. John Finnamore takes the Daily Mail to pieces over its coverage of the original Vicky Pryce trial.

is this the piece that included the fact that 'only two whites' were on the thick as shit jury, though even the darkies did have a working knowledge of the english language?

It was on in the background, the sad thing is, whilst i was only half listening I did presume it was about the Mail.

Â