Have you ever been in trouble with the police?

Voinjama

Yeah, big time, big time. When we were 18, me and Rob182 were walking home from the pub and we found a registration plate on the pavement. He decided he wanted it to put on his bedroom wall so carried it home.

We go stopped by the coppers, they asked questions, let us go in the end.

Got pretty scary there for a minute but we got away with it. We still talk about it to this day.

We were pretty rock and roll.

I remember walking back from Elland Road to Leeds City Centre after a Leeds/Villa game in the 70s. I was incognito, but the Villa lads with colours were getting routinely attacked by the Leeds firm, all the way to the station. The local police just stood around taking no notice. I can remember one Villa fan with blood pouring down his face, saying to a copper "What the **** are you lot being paid for, exactly?" The plod just laughed at him.

Walking home from a gig about 3 years ago, this band sent people round to put paint on your face (red paint) just a gimmick from them. So, I walk down the road towards the bus station and this arrogant copper stops me and asks me why I am bleeding, asks me if I was the one involved in a fight about 20 minutes before, I tell him that it is just red paint - and put some on my finger to show him. Anyway, he flips out and calls me a hooligan, tells me to keep my **** finger away from him - and then calls for back-up! Just then about 10 more people start walking by with paint on and he realises what a clearing in the woods he is, starts asking me for my name and address but I refuse to give it and ask him what crime I am under suspicion of committing..

Anyhow, this goes on for 5 minutes, I don't gives details and he gives in.

Tosser.

I once got followed to a fancy dress party by a copper. I was in a western gunslinger outfit (think Lee Van Cleef in the Dollars films) and he was suspicious about the hefty Colt Army .44 on my hip. He seemed quite disappointed when it turned out to be plastic.

I once got followed to a fancy dress party by a copper. I was in a western gunslinger outfit (think Lee Van Cleef in the Dollars films) and he was suspicious about the hefty Colt Army .44 on my hip. He seemed quite disappointed when it turned out to be plastic.

Obviously wasn't very good at tailing you incognito!

The amount of times I have been with a mate who has a nice car and the police follow us around for about 5 minutes and then flash the blue lights. Come to the window asking if its his car, whats he doing etc.Not like at anypoint he was drawing attention to himself by going fast or blasting music. Go and do some proper work instead of pulling over people because they look under 30 and have a nice car.

Many many years ago I went to a football match, an away game.

Admittedly it was the mid 1980's so I was obviously a casual.

It was a minor league amateur team in their big game of the season against Swansea City at the Vetch. We raised two coach loads of fans it was that big a game.

Police stopped us outside of Swansea and searched the buses. They made us all get off, stand around for a bit and then all get on. The bus was a genuine mix of young and old, male and female so obviously they had to give us a big lecture over the bus tannoy about behaving ourselves. It was necessary though, there had been that time Lucky Reg, aged 67, had complained about the crisps a few weeks ago. We clearly had a reputation.

When we got there, we were herded into a pen (the kids on this forum won't have experienced the cages). Our team came out and I cheered. Not any lip, no swearing just that yeahhhhh sound you make. I got pushed in back by a Swansea plod and told if I made a noise again I'd be out. They actually wanted us to stay quiet at a football match. One of the older women present (one of two famous for knitting at home games) told the plod not to push people around and not to spoil it. He walked to the back and spoke on his radio. With that a bunch more plod came in with what must have been Swansea's newest gadget - a video camera!

They went around and video'd every last one of us 'for their records'.

I was arrested at Villa Park for calling Robbie Savage a word removed when he took a corner in the match when Dublin Nutted him. Charged and appeared on Central news coming out of court. Police turned up with a recording of us which they only found on the morning of the case. When the magistrate watched the video he found us not guilty as about 1000 people sitting around us were all calling him word removed and as such we could not of offended them.

Almost. Some tosser decided to push my sister over as she was in his way. Few crazy minutes later and there was me, a few mates who just happened to be down the street and saw the commotion (this is Broad Street a long time ago) and a load of other wannabe fight club members who decided to join in for the sake of it,  having a good go. Some time after and we saw blue flashing lights. This is when things just stopped, largely helped by a few other big guys breaking it up and shouting "go!". Both sides then walked off calmly without a look back (albeit with cuts and bruises).

Â