New Music 2013

Xann

Both  :P . Damnation and Heritage are both upper midtable Opeth. Heritage has been growing on me since it came out, and I listen to it most nowadays actually. But their classic albums will always be the growling ones.

Hey Hogso, try a little bit of this. :)

Think I need to lie down in a quiet, dark room to fully appreciate this. When possible, I will do so. It sounds like it would induce wonderful phantasmagoria

The new 4 track EP from Fleetwood Mac is great - mainly because it's virtually all Lindsey Buckingham's work

It's May, that means there is a new Boris release to talk about

422098_575352195831429_400796596_n.jpg

The arrangement of the song in this live form is thus - it kicks off with some variant of Evil Stack, the punishing noise track making way after a few minutes for Flood II. This is played pretty much in it's entirety, leading in to Flood III and finally Flood IV, but this last is only a couple of minutes long. It sounds wonderful. I was a little apprehensive at first, as live mixes can be a bit hit and miss, but this is perfect, far far superior to the previous live Flood release on one of the Archive CDs. Kurihara has little influence after the opening of the CD, his contribution is more of a compliment to Flood rather than anything more meaningful - until the latter part of Flood III, when his trademark screeching guitar adds a wealth of substance to proceedings. Recorded in front of a Japanese audience there is very little whooping or clapping, and I think it's better for that. The only down side is the occasional whoosh of the fog machine/s in the mix. Clocking in at ~35 minutes, for me, it's the definitive version of the song.

A must have - or a must hear, at least. It's been released as a US tour only CD limited to 500, so won't be cheap for those who were not able to attend those shows.

Yeah I heard it, I think I mentioned it in this thread, or another one on here. I took a few listens, I wasn't particularly taken with it at first, but I came to quite like it. Not one of my favourites, though.

Â