Sir Alex Ferguson retires as Man Utd manager.

PompeyVillan

Wouldnt be surprised if he goes out on a high and been big rumours about his surgery. Love him or loathe him their will not be another manager of his class in England again. The way he has adjusted his game was phenomenal

It will be so strange seeing someone else in charge.

I'm not sure Moyes is good enough and not sure the fans would give him a chance.

Is he choosing now because mourinho is becoming available? Would be funny if he went there just to see Chelsea fans reactions.

Could mourinho also bring Ronaldo back?

Could be very interesting.

Mourinho will be going to Old Trafford this summer.  I've been convinced of it even recently with all the Chelsea talk.

That "Mourinho" documentary on (I think) ITV, all the flirting over the course of the two legs of MU v RM.  THe documentary had more comments - very positive ones - from Fergie than anyone else.  Also Mourinho practically apologised after winning at Old Trafford.

The bigger question should be who will he take with him.  Modric as Scholes' replacement and Ronaldo to replace Rooney?  Pepé to replace Ferdinand?

No doubt it'll all be denied tomorrow and he'll sign for Chelsea, but that's my £0.02 worth on it.

Didnt Mourinhio leave the dugout shake SAF hand and walk down the tunnell a few mins before FT at OT recently

A mark of respect for his future employers

Always thought that if he managed to wrestle the title back off City he should retire. For all his faults you have to admire what he's achieved. Incredible if true!

Edited by myb

Didnt Mourinhio leave the dugout shake SAF hand and walk down the tunnell a few mins before FT at OT recently

A mark of respect for his future employers

he does it pretty much every game, end of the 1st half too, assuming he likes to be the 1st person in the dressing room

I always thought SAF would leave OT in a wooden box such is his grip over the empire

Maybe his health issues Are worse than we know

Either way, the bloke has been an absolute legend

You cannot deny his brilliance , the Julius Ceasar of football

That, my friend, is an understatement if ever there was one.

I hope Manyoo drop like a stone without him.  :D

Better would be they drop like a stone with him.

They wanted him out when Mourinho was winning everything. This is never mentioned.

Â