The Randy Lerner thread

CI

And he didn't even have to pay the Category A prices!

Seriously, who decided a game between Aston Villa and Newcastle was a Category A game?!

Certainly not MOTD.....in our usual position - LAST

Oh im sorry, which game on Saturday would you put us ahead of?! We deserved to be last on MOTD this week.

Nowhere to be seen again yesterday, has he completely lost interest ?

When did he last attend a game ? I don't think he's been this season at all so far

He was here for three days last week.

ok, fair enough, did not realise he'd been around

Any idea what his agenda was those 3 days ?

Who gives a shit. He's lost interest, got his mouth piece to lie to the fans, appointed the worlds most uncreative manager, just to, er, "pull the players together in the dressing room". Saturday was crap (yes, I was there), no creativity at all, nothing exciting to watch, bored after five minutes. I must be a really shit fan because I think football is so very boring at the moment, particularly Aston Villa.

Nowhere to be seen again yesterday, has he completely lost interest ?

When did he last attend a game ? I don't think he's been this season at all so far

He was here for three days last week.

ok, fair enough, did not realise he'd been around

Any idea what his agenda was those 3 days ?

No idea. I just know when he arrived and when he left.

Shit Premier League team?

Disliked?

Don't think either are the case.

I very much dislike him as an owner. Just as I disliked Ellis.

Look at our situation now...is it that much better than it was under Ellis? I look at our starting XI On paper now compared to when Ellis sold and whilst we may have improved slightly, its nothing major.

Lerner has made a massive profit out of AVFC and will continue to do so as he sells off our star assets. The Holte Pub etc were investments, They werent done for the fans, ultimately they will make him a massive profit.

Not only that, he just hired a manager who relegated Birmingham City playing boring football....

Ive watched 5 games this season and have been bored silly watching boring football throughout. What is to like about our owner? His tattoo?

People tell me he has invested heavily into the club. He has, but its all for him, nobody else. I guarantee the day Lerner walks away from our club, he will have made millions.

Sorry, I dont rate the bloke. He is a failure in the NFL and is slowly bringing us down over here in England.

IMO of course.

The only thing Randy has done wrong, is get rid of Houllier and appoint a poor quality manager for his replacement. The backing has been fine and I understand that wages need to be reduced.

McLeish has sold/released our better players in response to reducing the wage bill..Whereas Houllier may have kept players like Makoun, Reo and Cuellar etc and got rid of Dunne, Petrov and Heskey etc instead..Its just different approaches by different managers.

But what Lerner has done to this club in regards investment, ticket pricing, infrastructure improvements etc its been top drawer..

Houllier had to go back into retirement, the worst manager since Venglos, clueless man management, out dated tactics, more emphasis on fitness than gameplan and a PR abortion! The health issue was a convenient excuse!

Disliked?

Look at our situation now...is it that much better than it was under Ellis? I look at our starting XI On paper now compared to when Ellis sold and whilst we may have improved slightly, its nothing major.

Lerner has made a massive profit out of AVFC and will continue to do so as he sells off our star assets. The Holte Pub etc were investments, They werent done for the fans, ultimately they will make him a massive profit.

Not only that, he just hired a manager who relegated Birmingham City playing boring football....

Ive watched 5 games this season and have been bored silly watching boring football throughout. What is to like about our owner? His tattoo?

People tell me he has invested heavily into the club. He has, but its all for him, nobody else. I guarantee the day Lerner walks away from our club, he will have made millions.

Sorry, I dont rate the bloke. He is a failure in the NFL and is slowly bringing us down over here in England.

IMO of course.

Sorry, I'm no financial expert and hate to get into those sort of things but how has he made massive profits from the club? Hasn't he lost like £200 million or something? :?

Disliked?

IMO of course.

Sorry, I'm no financial expert and hate to get into those sort of things but how has he made massive profits from the club? Hasn't he lost like £200 million or something? :?

It's safe to say Randy hasn't or more likely WON'T be losing money on Aston Villa. Any investment he's given has been ring fenced by his loan to us, so we're paying him back. He didn't have to lend us the cash I hear you say! Well he loaned us the cash to improve the club's stature/value. It's backfired on him a tad as I think he expected us to a far more powerful force by now but a United renaissance and City's emergence has punctured our hopes. The price he got for Villa, £65M was it??, is the steal of the century IMO.

McLeish has sold/released our better players in response to reducing the wage bill..Whereas Houllier may have kept players like Makoun, Reo and Cuellar etc and got rid of Dunne, Petrov and Heskey etc instead..Its just different approaches by different managers.

I don't suppose facts play too big a part in your constellation but, just so you know, McLeish didn't "release" Reo-Coker. He was out of the club by the time McLeish arrived (Reo-Coker left club on 27 May, McLeish appointed 17 June - check the AVFC web site).

Also, I am sure you will spot the little flaw in your statement, "Houllier may have kept...Cuellar". Um, so did McLeish!

Now that you've been reduced to making stuff up in your increasingly desperate attempts to keep the flame of memory alive for Houllier, it is surely time to give up.

But Coker could, potentially, have been re-signed in front of Bolton, and this was often mooted.

And I don't think he is trying to keep the "flame of memory alive of Houllier", he was merely pointing out that McLeish was a poor appointment, which a number, including me, would certainly agree with.

Not a fan at all.

I am a fan , I want the club to win games, win trophies and be successful. but I am not in a position to influence the running of the club to enable that to happen. He is. It is clear he does not have the money required to make us successful, so is running the club to keep us going and be sefl sufficient , feck all to do with winning games of football and winning trophies. So in effect his onwership of the club is actually holding us back from being successful now. If I was running the club and was holding us back from achieving success I would look to see if I could sell to someone with the spondulux to take us forward to win things.

He is running the club, and is holding us back from winning things now or at least having the chance at winning things. Do you think he is looking to sell to an investor with the cash we need to progress or do you think he is happy to just stay around and keep us "ticking over" ?

I would look to see if I could sell to someone with the spondulux to take us forward to win things.

How many oil barons are there that are willing to spend about half a billion on a football team, especially a club like Villa? Its the same thing everton fans say that the club needs to be sold to get investment but you cant sell something nobody wants. Football is fundamentally broken and we are just going to have to accept the fact that we cannot compete with the top clubs under the current system. There is no mystery multi-billionaire that going to buy our club and make us the new chelsea or man city, that's not randy's fault.

If I was running the club and was holding us back from achieving success I would look to see if I could sell to someone with the spondulux to take us forward to win things.

Like Kenwright at Evernot?

Stinking rich Arabs/Russians (who want to buy PL football clubs) don't grown on trees Tricky ....

I would look to see if I could sell to someone with the spondulux to take us forward to win things.

How many oil barons are there that are willing to spend about half a billion on a football team, especially a club like Villa. Its the same thing everton fans say that the club needs to be sold to get investment but you cant sell something nobody wants. Football is fundamentally broken and we are just going to have to accept the fact that we cannot compete with the top clubs under the current system.

Everton is slightly different though, since the ground and facilities are like an Anvil around the neck, otherwise im pretty sure they would have been bought by now.

Â