The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Not a fan at all.

I am a fan , I want the club to win games, win trophies and be successful. but I am not in a position to influence the running of the club to enable that to happen. He is. It is clear he does not have the money required to make us successful, so is running the club to keep us going and be sefl sufficient , Eck all to do with winning games of football and winning trophies. So in effect his onwership of the club is actually holding us back from being successful now. If I was running the club and was holding us back from achieving success I would look to see if I could sell to someone with the spondulux to take us forward to win things.

He is running the club, and is holding us back from winning things now or at least having the chance at winning things. Do you think he is looking to sell to an investor with the cash we need to progress or do you think he is happy to just stay around and keep us "ticking over" ?

I agree with a lot of what you say but as for Randy "holding us back" I would say that is dependent on whether a prodigal son is indeed waiting in the wings to splash the cash and make us kings of Europe. If such a figure is ready but Randy won't sell to him I'd say he is "holding us back". I think at the moment nobody wants to buy. No idea if RL is doing anything to attract investment. I think Faulkner is a buffoon, though I base that largely on a hunch I've got owing to the handful of times I've seen him in action.

Not a fan at all.

I am a fan , I want the club to win games, win trophies and be successful. but I am not in a position to influence the running of the club to enable that to happen. He is. It is clear he does not have the money required to make us successful, so is running the club to keep us going and be sefl sufficient , Eck all to do with winning games of football and winning trophies. So in effect his onwership of the club is actually holding us back from being successful now. If I was running the club and was holding us back from achieving success I would look to see if I could sell to someone with the spondulux to take us forward to win things.

He is running the club, and is holding us back from winning things now or at least having the chance at winning things. Do you think he is looking to sell to an investor with the cash we need to progress or do you think he is happy to just stay around and keep us "ticking over" ?

Ah the holding the club back because he wont spend spend spend bollocks.

What guarantee selling to someone else will be any better, or provide enough funds to compete, they could be another Man City owner or then again they could be another Small Heath owner, something you conveniently forget over and over.

The grass is not always greener, yet you seem to think it automatically is.

Where are all these owners, waiting in the wings to buy a premier league club and spend 100's of millions on players, are they growing on trees? Why are only a few clubs able to do it then?

90% of the worlds football clubs owners must be holding back their clubs then going by your reckoning.

Villa fans i suppose not just Villa fans have becoming obsessed with money, rather than just enjoying supporting their club, watching games live and on the tv, some fans have the distinct possibility of not having a club to support at all because of money worries.

Yet Randy is crap because he is trying to make us well run and self sufficient?

If you say so.

Look at our situation now...is it that much better than it was under Ellis? I look at our starting XI On paper now compared to when Ellis sold and whilst we may have improved slightly, its nothing major.

we would have been relegated under ellis so yeah it is much better. its not brilliant but its a whole load better than ellis

Everton is slightly different though, since the ground and facilities are like an Anvil around the neck, otherwise im pretty sure they would have been bought by now.

Yeah but by who? Even if they had a decent ground they still aren't overly attractive, certainly no more attractive than villa. They might have been taken over by someone like Mike Ashley or the ellis guy who bought sunderland. Someone who would run them as business rather than a multi-billionaire ready to spunk millions on players/wages.

He said it was fun and he wanted it to be fun

He said he wasn't in it to make money and if there was he would be doing that in other easier ways

I no longer believe it is fun and I do believe he is looking to make money

For me that wll not bring success. I want success.

If he is that brilliant then Ellis did well to sell to him and if Ellis could find a brilliant owner, just think who that brilliant owner could then find. And for me the sooner the better.

He said it was fun and he wanted it to be fun

He said he wasn't in it to make money and if there was he would be doing that in other easier ways

I no longer believe it is fun and I do believe he is looking to make money

For me that wll not bring success. I want success.

If he is that brilliant then Ellis did well to sell to him and if Ellis could find a brilliant owner, just think who that brilliant owner could then find. And for me the sooner the better.

You keep ignoring all the points and continue stamping your feet.

And of course football is exactly the same as when Ellis was around!

:bang:

Everton is slightly different though, since the ground and facilities are like an Anvil around the neck, otherwise im pretty sure they would have been bought by now.

Yeah but by who? Even if they had a decent ground they still aren't overly attractive, certainly no more attractive than villa. They might have been taken over by someone like Mike Ashley or the ellis guy who bought sunderland. Someone who would run them as business rather than a multi-billionaire ready to spunk millions on players/wages.

When the Govmt called in the Kirkby scheme that was £200m of Tesco investment gone for them.

Ah the holding the club back because he wont spend spend spend bollocks.

What guarantee selling to someone else will be any better, or provide enough funds to compete, they could be another Man City owner or then again they could be another Small Heath owner, something you conveniently forget over and over.

The grass is not always greener, yet you seem to think it automatically is.

Where are all these owners, waiting in the wings to buy a premier league club and spend 100's of millions on players, are they growing on trees? Why are only a few clubs able to do it then?

90% of the worlds football clubs owners must be holding back their clubs then going by your reckoning.

Villa fans i suppose not just Villa fans have becoming obsessed with money, rather than just enjoying supporting their club, watching games live and on the tv, some fans have the distinct possibility of not having a club to support at all because of money worries.

If you say so.

Am very interested to see Richards response to this

Ahh, this again! When the club was up for sale previously, we were looking for someone richer than an ex-travel agent whose wealth was less than a EuroMillions roll over winner.

Exactly! Only one Sheikh Mansour type character has purchased a Premier League club since our takeover. How many other clubs have changed hands since Randy bought us? How many have been able to spend on the levels that Mansour has?!

Actually, as I've mentioned Man City, it's worth posting these recent comments from their Chief Operating Officer:

"It is part of our 10-year strategy for long-term, sustainable success. Everyone has seen we have accelerated the recruitment process in terms of where the first team is now, which is three years into the owner's tenure of this football club. We are fully aware of the commitment that we face but, equally, we talk about sustainability and that [paying large transfer fees] can't be sustained, so we have to develop within.[\b]

"That is something that is paramount to the future of the club. Financial fair play gets talked about every week now, and everyone is looking to Manchester City to see whether we are going to conform to that. This is an element that will help us achieve the criteria people are looking at."

If you say so.

No. Randy is crap because he has made his second poor managerial appointment in a row. Randy is crap because he doesn't give a stuff about the fans. Randy is crap because he surrounds himself with spineless "yes men" that don't have a clue. Randy is crap because neither he nor his board have any idea about communicating with the fan base. Randy is crap because he was a party to the huge wage bill and has tried to correct it in one go, leaving us a couple of players short and risking relegation. In summary, he has done his best to undo all of the good work he did initially over the last 18 months.

He is not crap because he wants the club to run on a sustainable basis.

If you say so.

No. Randy is crap because he has made his second poor managerial appointment in a row. Randy is crap because he doesn't give a stuff about the fans. Randy is crap because he surrounds himself with spineless "yes men" that don't have a clue. Randy is crap because neither he nor his board have any idea about communicating with the fan base. Randy is crap because he was a party to the huge wage bill and has tried to correct it in one go, leaving us a couple of players short and risking relegation. In summary, he has done his best to undo all of the good work he did initially over the last 18 months.

100% agree with this. Don't see why randy gets off the hook.

He's making poor decision which are ultimately causing us to be a **** shit team.

I added as a signature back in 2006 "A banker is one who lends you an umbrella when it's sunny, and want's it back when it starts raining". Randy had no choice, no matter who was going to be manager, to put money forward for bolstering the team ESPECIALLY when two of the best players who created most of chances last season were sold. The buck stops with Randy this season and nobody else.

Seems to be a pretty clever **** to me. He has attended less than a dozen games since the start of the 2010/11 season and we have more often than not served up some real tripe. Its idiots like me that want their heads testing for continuing to go week in week out when its quite apparent that the owner doesn't give two monkeys ****.

If you say so.

Agree 100%.

Â