The Randy Lerner thread

CI

"If we lose on Sunday with another spineless performance"

Carling Cup aside, please tell me which games so far this season we have lost on the back of a spineless performance.

We are unbeaten FFS. :bash: We all moaned about the leaky defence last season, we are now much better at the back, and STILL people moan.

The Everton game may aswell have been a defeat...that performance was so poor it was untrue. Ad still Big Eck praised the team...the man is deluded.

Carling Cup aside, please tell me which games so far this season we have lost on the back of a spineless performance.

We are unbeaten FFS. :bash: We all moaned about the leaky defence last season, we are now much better at the back, and STILL people moan.

Let me put it another way then. If we play like we did last night (spineless) and lose on Sunday there will be up roar. I did not say we had been spineless in other games.

He has to send the team out to win on Sunday, not in a nagative fashion, which he has done in our 2 previous away league games.

That ok for you.

The Everton game may aswell have been a defeat...that performance was so poor it was untrue. Ad still Big Eck praised the team...the man is deluded.

Right. Well, IMO the Newcastle game may as well have been a win, after all DB missed a sitter. So thats an extra 2 points to us.

YAY!! : :hooray:

May as well be a defeat, brilliant!

Was it a defeat or not?

Irrelevant.

The performance was shocking in the whole 90 minutes we deserved to be beat 3 or 4 nil. I said before the match last night a spanking was on the cards sooner or later (so did most wise villa fans) but it coming at the hands of Bolton brings reality home even harder.

Let me put it another way then. If we play like we did last night (spineless) and lose on Sunday there will be up roar. I did not say we had been spineless in other games.

He has to send the team out to win on Sunday, not in a nagative fashion, which he has done in our 2 previous away league games.

That ok for you.

With some of the dickheads that pass for Villa fans there will be uproar if we draw anyway. I'll settle for the away draw thanks. Not getting beaten in the league over a period of time will build a confidence.

Being dispresectful to QPR and going out for the big 3 points will only result in us getting none.

Could that be a positive as well as a problem? The team acting more defensive, taking an edge off our attack. We played quite a high line last season. We are still making some of the same defensive mistakes as we did last season, like closing people down around the box, just Shay Given has been absolutely top so far, been a major difference. Our defence was opened repeatedly against Fulham. We have been extremely fortunate to stay unbeaten in the league with the 4 draws, last nights result was coming, theres been a few who have been saying it after watching us play this season.

I think last season we would have finished higher up the league if we didn't go through perhaps the biggest injury crisis in recent memory. I'm sure we had around half a squad out for a significant period.

On Randy, has he made a game this season?

Was it a defeat or not?

Irrelevant.

The performance was shocking in the whole 90 minutes we deserved to be beat 3 or 4 nil. I said before the match last night a spanking was on the cards sooner or later (so did most wise villa fans) but it coming at the hands of Bolton brings reality home even harder.

But its not irrelevant is it? If its any animal its more of a hippopotamus. :P

But we didn't get beat by Everton did we? We drew. So we got a point. AWAY. At Everton - who are quite good.

Manyoo have built many a PL title on playing shite and still getting points. Not losing will do me just fine.

Forget Hughes...

This is the man we should get http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Aston-Villa-news-Quique-Sanchez-Flores-who-lead-Atletico-Madrid-to-Europa-League-triumph-2010-wants-job-if-fan-anger-keeps-Alex-McLeish-out-article747872.html

I think the 4th place in the league is still anybodies..Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs are catchable this season under the right manager..Positives are we have a top quality striker, winger and Keeper..We also have some good young talented players..This guy could instill good winning football and in Jan may have connections to bring in a couple of technical gifted players from overseas on the loan, or on the cheap.

Was it a defeat or not?

Irrelevant.

But its not irrelevant is it? If its any animal its more of a hippopotamus. :P

But we didn't get beat by Everton did we? We drew. So we got a point. AWAY. At Everton - who are quite good.

Manyoo have built many a PL title on playing shite and still getting points. Not losing will do me just fine.

Not losing will do you fine?? That is where we have come to now?... :?

I agree United have had a few lucky performances but they have always had top players. If you think lucky results like Everton are okay then what do you think of results like against Bolton reserves when our true form outs...

Well surely 1 league point is better than 0? Or will you re-write our number system as well as the concepts of losing and drawing a game to suit your arguement.

Last night was a crap result - absolutely. Am I disappointed? - absolutely. But that is our 1st competitive defeat this season. I don't see what all the hysteria is about over 1 loss. If we are rock bottom at Christmas without enough points for a driving ban, I will feel differently. But if I am going to start slitting my wrists over the Villa, I'll wait until we're not unbeaten in the league and 6th thanks.

Was it a defeat or not?

Irrelevant.

Brilliant this gets better.

Irrelevant?

So the different between a win and loss is irrelevant?

Genius!

Villa fans after calling for their managers head after 1 defeat are now saying that not losing in the league is irrelevant.

:lol:

Well surely 1 league point is better than 0? Or will you re-write our number system as well as the concepts of losing and drawing a game to suit your arguement.

Last night was a crap result - absolutely. Am I disappointed? - absolutely. But that is our 1st competitive defeat this season. I don't see what all the hysteria is about over 1 loss. If we are rock bottom at Christmas without enough points for a driving ban, I will feel differently. But if I am going to start slitting my wrists over the Villa, I'll wait until we're not unbeaten in the league and 6th thanks.

I think it was just the manner of the loss Eames.

We've played poorer in the past, and gone away from Villa Park with worse results, both under Houllier, and Oneill. It was just the manner of the defeat. We didnt get completely played off the park, but I have never seen us create so little going forward. We were standing off them the whole game, giving them far too much respect. Personally, I've never seen anything like it at Villa Park.

We've played poorer in the past, and gone away from Villa Park with worse results, both under Houllier, and Oneill. It was just the manner of the defeat. We didnt get completely played off the park, but I have never seen us create so little going forward. We were standing off them the whole game, giving them far too much respect. Personally, I've never seen anything like it at Villa Park.

So it was an appalling performance - sacking AM now will not let him put it right. He has to show exactly what he is made of and send the team out against QPR to win, and play better.

1 deafeat in 7 is not a bad return - even if the performance was a shocker.

So it was an appalling performance - sacking AM now will not let him put it right. He has to show exactly what he is made of and send the team out against QPR to win, and play better.

1 deafeat in 7 is not a bad return - even if the performance was a shocker.

Agree. Calling for Mcleish's head is both unrealistic and also unreasonable at this point in time.

However, though I didnt boo myself (I couldnt be arsed), I dont really blame anyone that did.

If I didnt have a season ticket, it would probably be some months before you'd be seeing me at Villa Park again. It's quite frankly not worth the hassle of driving 100 miles to watch that crap.

Last night's shocker gave the boo boys all the ammunition they needed. Yes 1 defeat in 7 isn't sufficient to call for his head but the bigger picture of only one shot on target all night is the biggest worry. I sat in the Upper Holte last night rather than my season ticket in the Lower Holte and the apathy (and willingness to blame certain players regardless) around me was a real eye opener.

Any more performances like last night and the atmosphere at games will deteriorate.......yes McLeish is partly to blame for the rubbish served up but the board are equally as culpable in my view. Maybe some of the boos should be directed at those running the club in Randy's absence rather than just the players on the pitch.

One thing that is bothering me at the moment as much as Randy Lerner's continuing absence in the alarming number of empty seats in the director's section of the Trinity Road stand. I appreciate that attendances are down across the board, and there are pockets of empty seats right throughout our ground on matchday, but these seats are directly opposite the TV cameras and there are more that are empty than filled (a bit like the corporate areas either side of the tunnel at Wembley which is always embarrassingly empty when the second half kicks off as people slowly return from the prawn sandwich buffet).

I don't pretend to know the full basis on which these seats are allocated - aquaintances of directors or other Club personnel? Sponsors and their guests? - but the fact that the Club is struggling to fill an area which I assume is otherwise oversubscribed at many other Premier League grounds is yet another failing of the Club's overall management.

Am I also right in thinking that a portion of these seats were previously available to supporters before the director's section was expanded during Lerner's second/third year here? I seem to remember there were season ticket holders in the middle section of the stand that had to give up seats when this news was announced so I assume that this was where they were moved from.

Perhaps the fact that corporate options were expanded to increase revenue and that these seats are remaining consistently unclaimed may be more alarming to Mr. Lerner than the absent supporters that have so far stayed away this season.

Last night's shocker gave the boo boys all the ammunition they needed. Yes 1 defeat in 7 isn't sufficient to call for his head but the bigger picture of only one shot on target all night is the biggest worry.

Or two shots on target in two games against Bolton and Newcastle.

Â