The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Dont worry fellas, Randy's already got some enforcements lined up for January...

randy_lerner105_786247c.jpg

Judging by that picture, Randy has been spending a great deal of his time in Burger King, Wendy's and McDonalds.

Explains his absence then

To be honest I said we would lose last night and again said that cup was irrelevant for us as staying in this league is fair more important, we have a real job on our hands to do that by the way.

Results / Performances like last night are the norm for us now thanks to Randy

'twas only a joke mind fellas.

Agreed. An amusing send up of our transfer policy. Rather than an excuse for fans to moan about our chairman's nationality,waistline,business interests, inside leg meausrement..... : :o

To be honest I said we would lose last night and again said that cup was irrelevant for us as staying in this league is fair more important, we have a real job on our hands to do that by the way.

Results / Performances like last night are the norm for us now thanks to Randy

How many times have you stuck your neck out and said we'd lose in the league, told us you've been right then?

So when performances have been good thats been Randy's fault as well?

Notice you ignored my previous post about where these magical owners are?

We deserve to fail with the way certain fans act.

Notice you ignored my post in response to your post about Randy not being crap a few pages back?

No-one is asking for "magical owners". No-one is asking Randy to go out and blow his fortune on Villa (or very few are anyway). We are just asking him to treat the club with respect.

- appoint a decent manager that the fans can get behind. I know he will never please everybody but that's not a reason to appoint McLeish and upset everybody!! I feel sorry for McLeish because he is probably a decent enough bloke but he was never going to get anywhere at Villa.

- appoint a decent CEO, either with experience of football (e.g. Dien) or with experience of running a £100m turnover consumer business and put someone in who understands football alongside him.

- communicate with the fan base in a reasonable and grown up manner, not through that Clown - the General - who just seems to make cock up after cock up and then go missing when times are hard. I know he owns the business but without the fans has no business.

He needs to manage the club professionally and give it the best chance of success albeit whilst operating within the financial constraints that most clubs today operate under.

No-one is asking for "magical owners". No-one is asking Randy to go out and blow his fortune on Villa (or very few are anyway).

Yes they are.

We are just asking him to treat the club with respect.

- appoint a decent manager that the fans can get behind. I know he will never please everybody but that's not a reason to appoint McLeish and upset everybody!! I feel sorry for McLeish because he is probably a decent enough bloke but he was never going to get anywhere at Villa.

In your view, in Randys he decided McLeish was a decent option, he may or may not be proven wrong but should be given the chance like anyone.

- appoint a decent CEO, either with experience of football (e.g. Dien) or with experience of running a £100m turnover consumer business and put someone in who understands football alongside him.

So you know what our CEO does or doesn't do, not just what you've decided from the outside?

- communicate with the fan base in a reasonable and grown up manner, not through that Clown - the General - who just seems to make cock up after cock up and then go missing when times are hard. I know he owns the business but without the fans has no business.

You mean like the fanbase communicate back in a reasonable and grown up manner?

I didn't see anyone complaining about him never talking when MON was around.

He needs to manage the club professionally and give it the best chance of success albeit whilst operating within the financial constraints that most clubs today operate under.

Which is what he is trying to do.

If Randy spent 100mill tomorrow on players nobody would be saying jack shit, all your above points would overnight be forgotten.

That how fickle and daft most arguments against him are.

When we're actually doing consistently shit, not just poor performances without actually losing a league game then fair enough. But if the ball had gone in off someone's arse and we'd won 1 nill in one of these supposedly terrible performances, again people would be quite happy.

A thin line..

Notice you ignored my post in response to your post about Randy not being crap a few pages back?

No-one is asking for "magical owners". No-one is asking Randy to go out and blow his fortune on Villa (or very few are anyway). We are just asking him to treat the club with respect.

All that sounds very reasonable but in practice it is either unreasonable or simply not possible.

For example:

"A decent manager the fans can get behind" - read: We don't like this one, we didn't want McClaren, try again. Oh and pay whatever compensation is owed regardless of the fact you are trying to cut costs and balance the books a bit."

"appoint a decent CEO, either with experience of football ...and put someone in who understands football alongside him." - read: Even though most us have no idea what makes a decent CEO, we don't like PF. Please change him.

" communicate with the fan base in a reasonable and grown up manner" read: We didn't/don't like what you have said to us. Please go away and send someone who will tell us what we want to hear/agree with us.

People who are hiding behind this "unbeaten start" mantra really are sticking their head in the stand.

We have been ordinary since pre-season, the system does not match the personnel, there is no plan B and our England international striker may as well sit and watch the game from the holte end for the service he is getting.

There is no drive, ambition, motivation, desire, hunger or willingness in that team. It is just not there, at all. That comes from the manager but is a testiment to the players.

ONeill - Holiday camp mentality with more time off than Jon Waynes safety catch. Acceptable due to results.

Houllier - Professional attitude, fitness program, training schedule- Unacceptable due to player revolt

McLeish - God knows but nobody on the playing staff appears to give two figs for AVFC.

Pees me off no end.

I am going to go left field here and say that we should get through this season and get Gus Poyet in, strip and rebuild this squad with some youth and enthusiasm and hope to god we can have some sense of medium to long term direction.

McLeish - God knows but nobody on the playing staff appears to give two figs for AVFC.

Are you sure? If you go by whats been written in the pres sover the past month if anything McLeish has brought the squad back together and galvanised the team. Yeah, some players are off form like Bent and N'Zogbia but I've got faith in McLeish to get them performing. Last night was a total off-day in my opinion, I'm sure we will get a good result against QPR.

Â