The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Very happy with Lerners decision this time around. I would still like him to address the fans and let us know the future of the club. Too much silence from the board.
Agreed. Randy could communicate with fans more in various ways :

He could have somthing written in the match day programmes like Doug Ellis used to (the chairmans page).

He could have emails written every so often and get them sent to season ticket holders (and fans registered with avfc), like a certain previous manager did.

He could have something put on the avfc site (OS) every so often.

Randy don't like communicating to and through the media but he should do so to the fans. Is it worth me emailing Paul Faulkner these points, to get them to Randy and also asking him if I see him next week ??

Also....will the General return ??

Any other ideas on how Randy could communicate with fans ??

was plenty of rumours at time and i think may have been true that McLeish was just a stop-gap appointment to reduce wage bill and bring stability its just he wasnt up to the task of it and nearly got us relegated

was plenty of rumours at time and i think may have been true that McLeish was just a stop-gap appointment to reduce wage bill and bring stability its just he wasnt up to the task of it and nearly got us relegated

I think this stop gap theory is almost as daft as the appointment was in the first place.

Randy and/or Faulkner **** up it really is that simple.

Allowing the wages to spiral out of control was poor.

Hiring houllier was poor.

Hiring Mcleish was one of the worst decisions I've ever seen any premiership team make.

Great managerial appointment now and needs to back it up with sensible investment. I hope this time we have a plan.

Allowing the wages to spiral out of control was poor.

Hiring houllier was poor.

Hiring Mcleish was one of the worst decisions I've ever seen any premiership team make.

Great managerial appointment now and needs to back it up with sensible investment. I hope this time we have a plan.

personally i still think Mcleish was unlucky. Took over a team that were involved in a relegation battle the previous season. Saw them sell Young and Downing and not given all the money for replacements. Lost Dunne, Petrov, Bent and Jenas for large parts of the season through injury. Id say we finished about where we'd should have.

The football was poor but I dont think the end result would have been massively different with anyone else.

He would of been unlucky if he didn't play such boring football! If he went and attacked games and lost then I would have gave him much longer but the style of football was terrible not unlucky!!

Mcleish was anything but unlucky. He found a job at a good level premiership club wh wages Mongs the top twenty in Europe, a guaranteed large payoff come the inevitable fail and a sympathetic media willing to put the blame for the fan reaction to his total incompetence on the journey he took to get to he club.

He was anything but unlucky.

If ou are looking for bad luck then look no further than the villa fanbase. He was not part of some grand plan, some stopgap. As Trent has said, he was a major cock up that almost led to us paying the ultimate price. He is oohing more than a shitty to be forgotten footnote in the history of this grat club.

I count my blessings that we are now rid of him and have a manager who to only knows what he is doing but kows how to get there and will be backed so to do

Mcleish was no good but if anyone attempts to say he was given a chance by the fans then they are nuts. Im not saying he should have been or not, what Im saying is anyone looking in objectively could not possibly suggest he was given a fair crack. Before you have a go I have already stated Im not saying whther that is right or wrong Im saying it's true.

I dont think Villa fans were anywhere near as hostile to McLeish as Blackburn fans were to Steve Kean and West Ham fans had been to Big Sam at certain points this season. Bolton at home was the tipping point for the real abuse to start. Before that people were just not bothering to attend matches, and that was more to do with the fact that you would have to be insane to spend £40 to watch the least entertaining team in the league fail to win again. The stats just speak for themselves, a points tally that would have seen us get relegated last season. Lowest number of home wins in a season in our 135+ year history. Just 37 goals scored in 38 games. It was awful stuff and people were well within their rights to find something better to do with their time. If McLeish wasnt given a chance it's because he never earned one. He had the easiest half dozen opening fixtures he could have asked for and he failed to inspire the fans into believing in him with a succession of turgid draws. All of this is opinion of course, but I guess if McLeish was forced out of Aston Villa by the fans rather than his own inability to do well in the Premier League then it wont be long before one of the other Premier League clubs looking for a manager goes in for him...

If ou are looking for bad luck then look no further than the villa fanbase. He was not part of some grand plan, some stopgap. As Trent has said, he was a major cock up that almost led to us paying the ultimate price. He is oohing more than a shitty to be forgotten footnote in the history of this grat club.

You are Borat and I claim my five pounds.

Thanks Crackpot mate - just spat my tea over the laptop! Best laugh I've had in ages - I read back Richards post in that Borat accent thanks to you!!! :crylaugh::crylaugh:

Thanks Crackpot mate - just spat my tea over the laptop! Best laugh I've had in ages - I read back Richards post in that Borat accent thanks to you!!! :crylaugh::crylaugh:

Ha ha got to admit I did the same and with similar result! :)

Â