The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Nervous on the reason he is selling. Is it because he hasn't brought success? Is it because he hasn't really loved owning it? or is it, more worryingly, is the Lerner well running dry after divorces, BOA share drop etc?

I don't think Lerner can manage owning two professional sports teams in two different countries. Both fan bases bitch about having an absentee owner.

Also, he didn't buy the Browns. I don't think he loved owning the Browns, yet I also don't think he hated the money he made on the Browns either.

I do not know what the situation is with Browns is but he is clearly not making money on Villa and nor has he done so over the years. I also do not think that making money was his sole intention with Aston Villa and he does have affection for the club. Nothing will probably come of this but I'm really excited. I can sense good times for us again.

Well I was told Lambert would be backed. Not sure browns Sale = More money to Villa but I guess it is possible this is where the money is now coming from.

Yeah it is funny because with an NFL team, you can be very poor but still make loads of money each year, it seems very hard/if not impossible to run at a loss. If Randy is considering selling the Browns, it is probably a combination of ill will towards his ownership from Browns fans and probably just not enjoying the experience. Tbh, in the NFL, if you have a bad team, it can be extremely hard to get better and contend, and it is made no easier that the Browns play in a division with two very strong teams in Pittsburgh and Baltimore. An NFL team is not something you can throw money at and guarantee immediate success and if you make one wrong decision (i.e. drafting the wrong player or signing the wrong coach) you can be doomed for years. With football and Aston Villa, I think Randy has more of a connection and maybe more of a sense of control as well, and his possible sale of the Browns can only be news to us really. More money in his pockets and more time to focus on our operations.

I don't get why people are still clamouring for him to sell us. By far the biggest criticism of him is the spending cuts. If he's selling the Browns that will likely result in more money for us, so why do people still want him to sell up?

To be honest Id get over it if we were like man city. In fact Id love it.

I actually meant SHA by the words 'shitty city' ahaa however i'd love to get some mega-rich billionaire who takes us top 4 and onwards but idk if that would happen. Were all on the up at VP now... so with the news of the browns being sold i dont understand why theres muppets saying we should be sold next... :/ not having a go at you lol

Â