The Randy Lerner thread

CI

'he who shall not be named' was no good but if anyone attempts to say he was given a chance by the fans then they are nuts. Im not saying he should have been or not, what Im saying is anyone looking in objectively could not possibly suggest he was given a fair crack. Before you have a go I have already stated Im not saying whther that is right or wrong Im saying it's true.

I have a similar view.

I think the situation he entered in to was Toxic, but I also believe he wasn't equiped for it.I think his heart ruled his head, because I happen to know he was highly delighted securing the villa job.

As the season unfolded his luck was draining quicker than the greek economy, but In my humble view, he did not have a plan to help himself, could be circumstances were too colossal....but I never fancied his management from the outset.

There were certain things like his style of play that was beginning to be commonplace with him and it was becomming clear he was taking us down.

It was all a big mistake, that has now been rectified.... time for us all to move on.

• 1 month later...

really?

edit : found the statement.. it's more investment than him selling it off.

"In connection with current rumors and press inquiries, I can report that I've been approached by Mr. Jimmy Haslam, who is interested in making an investment in the Cleveland Browns. We are currently in negotiations and both sides have agreed to keep that dialogue and its details private. Given that any transaction would require League approval, care has been taken so that this process will not be disruptive to the organization, in particular the football team, as it prepares for the upcoming season. We will share further details or make an announcement if it becomes necessary."

Lucky browns fans.

How are the browns fans reacting to the news ohiovilla?

The majority of Browns fans do not like Lerner, since he has been a failure since he took the team after his father died.

That being said, the new guy is a minority owner in the Pittsburgh Steelers, so there is some natural fan resistance to that as the Browns and Steelers are basically the Sty vs Villa of the NFL. As a Browns fan myself, I would say that losing a billionaire owner is never a good idea, yet I don't think Randy understood American Football at all. It's too bad the local guy couldn't make us a real contender.

BTW, in case you are curious, the Browns are worth about $800 million, and I'm sure that Lerner will also make a profit. So it's understandable if Lerner was interested in selling it all off. It's too bad he couldn't do what his father wanted him to do, but I think it's time to move on.

It's too bad the local guy couldn't make us a real contender.

I thought Randy was from Brooklyn?

His father was a huge philanthropist and supporter of Cleveland and the Browns. And Lerner spent some time here and was a huge Browns fan.

Lucky browns fans.

How are the browns fans reacting to the news ohiovilla?

You really have a got a serious problem with your pathological hatred of Lerner

Another crack at the top 4 maybe, this time with a decent manager?

Yeah I know I'm jumping to conclusions. :P

It would be great to have more money spent but this time spent with a much more sensible approach and plan.

I don't know how it would work with the FFP regulations coming in but i imagine there are loopholes.

Â