The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Randy Lerner has lost quite a lot of money, but I think he really should think about how he best can manage the value of the young players at our club. Will he maximize the value of Herd, Weimann, Gardner etc with McLeish or could another manager make these kids even better players who contribute to attacking positive football at Villa Park and develop the players into real value assets?

I think the answer is easy.

Randy what the hell were you thinking??? And to buy him out of Blues contract, for I believe, 3 million, your advisors must have been on the charlie white that day. Please guys dont think about this comment to much, its enough to drive a man to suicide!

You've got some explaining to do Randy.

I think he should be forced to stand in the centre-circle at VP at half-time and explain exactly why he appointed McLeish to everyone.

Don't be silly, he won't speak to us.

Remember, he wants actions to speak louder than words.

Like staying in another country,

**** turd chairman.

Who would have thought 3 years ago, that today Mike Ashley is a shining light of a chairman, and Randy Lerner is the most inept chairman in the league...how times change

Ashley isn't a shining light. As for Lerner, he has one last chance this summer to save his stewardship of the club. I think it's entirely feasible that we could all be singing his praises in a few years time, but it's up to him and what he does this summer.

To make a mistake is forgivable. To not recognise your mistake when it's staring you in the face is a crime, especially when the victims are not only yourself but many thousands of others.

Faulkner is the one who claimed just before Christmas that we are aiming for Europe. He is clueless. MON's relationship with Randy soured soon after he was made chief exec too. If Faulkner goes then Villa will improve. He's just a money man pretending he knows a lot about football, he doesn't. Get him gone Randy and start afresh this summer. You have too many leeches and not leaders.

Faulkner is the one who claimed just before Christmas that we are aiming for Europe

why is he clueless for saying that? of course we're aiming for europe. it's not realistic, but that's the aim. it wouldve been the aim at the start of the season, and it wouldve been the aim at christmas

Faulkner is the one who claimed just before Christmas that we are aiming for Europe

why is he clueless for saying that? of course we're aiming for europe. it's not realistic, but that's the aim. it wouldve been the aim at the start of the season, and it wouldve been the aim at christmas

What you fail to mention though is that aims quite clearly change depending on circumstance however. And it was quite clear at Christmas time that saying such a thing was both moronic and just served to widen the ever-growing gap between the fans and the Board.

Actually it's not moronic at all IF he realises how badly AMC has failed and sacks him.

He can either say we should be fighting for Europe and sack AMC for failing OR he can say AMC has achieved what was expected of him considering any rubbish reasons they want and admit he was a moron. But there is no middle ground there.

I'd like to hear something other than P.R. talk and spin from the board.

Imagine the surge of goodwill from supporters if they simply sacked AM and admitted they made a mistake...

If we're aiming at unrealistic goals, then why not aiming for the title? Why Europe? Or aiming for something less unrealistic is OK?

Actually I don't think Europe was the aim.

The aims were cut costs and survive and that was about it.

The bollocks Faulkner came out with was just an attempt to get fans on side and perhaps sell a few half season tickets. We've hardly heard a word from him since have we?

Faulkner is as clueless as his boss.

522061_10150781432255199_23648815198_11971304_487150454_n.jpg

the toronto maple leafs just issued the following statement to supporters apologising for their performance this season. it'd be the decent thing if villa could follow suit, accepting that performances on the pitch haven't been good enough and promising to do whatever it takes to get us back on track

however i cant see that happening any time soon

Â